Favorite Vol Player This Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 9, 2015.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

There, merged.

Bow to my mod power.

2. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Maggitt: ....perseverance.

3. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yeah... I'm not a fan of that play. Do that in a big close game against a QB who hasn't been a whiny ***** all game and it is a 15 yard penalty. Completely unnecessary. You have to be in awe of his talent and abilities to play the way he did as a freshman though. I would hope he doesn't turn into a liability with decision making. Hurd and Sutton would be my favorites.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am going to take the odd road and say Justin Worley. He was limited in ability, couldn't throw it in the ocean and couldn't out run my son's stuffed turtle that he sleeps with. But the dude showed up, got the shit kicked out of him every week and never complained even though this staff put him in an impossible situation.

5. NorrisAlan

While I hope he gets that under control, when our defense is shutting people down and (hopefully) our offense can score more than 10 points a game, I will be willing to take one of those penalties early in the game. As long as they are not egregious and can cause injury (this one was simply him tossing that guy like a ragdoll), it lets the offense know "we are bringing the pain for 60 minutes, I hope you took a lot of ibuprofen before the game."

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The whistle was blowing as O'Brien put his hands on him. The refs screwed that up

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sutton probably eges out Barnett and Hurd for me.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Limpy, that you?

9. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. They were slow on the whistle.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I love how mean he plays. He will get some PF penalties from time to time but they are totally worth it to keep him playing with his edge.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nothing wrong with an occasional 15 yarder to help keep an edge.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't want to see him get to Haynesworth levels where the TFL is more important than forcing the fourth down. Guy routinely got idiotic penalties that renewed drives for the opposition. This offseason is the time to nip that in the bud. Barnett can still be a monster without that stuff.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100% agree. Don't cage a wild animal.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Raynoch got his fair share, loved all but one.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Given that I've been waiting on someone, anyone, to play as mean as shit for almost a decade, I'm going to give him as much latitude as possible.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Robert Ayers did, he just wasn't that good

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;TGPYBb2DRsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGPYBb2DRsg[/video]

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm leaning Hurd, btw. But I do like mean defensive linemen.

[​IMG]

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i have a feeling that butcher is going to add to this meanness.