First Republican Debate Set

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Define a child.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I'm saying it is un-American to allow special interests to pick and choose what is offered without doing so legally.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There lies the issue.

Regardless of what it is called, if it is a human being, albeit developing, then you have two options.

1. It's atrocious and travesty
    2. Say there's zero wrong when fully developed human beings are treated like second class citizens.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do not follow.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

a human being of sufficiently young age. I'm assuming we don't need to put a number on how young.

6. CardinalVol

If a fetus/child/whatever you want to call it is a human being, whatever stage of development it is, then we have to take a long hard look at if it deserves the dignity attached to it as being a human being.

You can either say that yes, it does deserve that. And if you say no, then there is ZERO reason why the same argument can be made for any other group of people to not be treated as second class human beings.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The law doesn't agree.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just as it was illegal to have abortions at one time. The law evolves over time. Some want to go back to those days.

9. CardinalVol

So German treatment the Jews and slavery was/would be a-ok in your eyes then? I mean, it was completely and 100% totally legal.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

since when is the law the only thing that matters?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

At a certain point that human tissue developes into a human and that is a tricky issue than just not till birth.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Aren't we already doing that? It's legal to drink beer, but I don't see anyone suggesting we should give away free beer?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

.. and abortion was illegal at one time. I am not the one advocating going back to laws of bygone days.

14. CardinalVol

But you can also not say there was anything atrocious about it if it was the law. In your own words, if it's legal, that's all that matters.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And aren't you arguing we already don't fund abortion? So shouldn't the argument be if we should be funding their other services? Or do you fit want to admit we are funding abortion?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

ok, so, new laws = correct, going back to previous laws = incorrect, in all cases. gotcha.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you were a German living in Germany today, would you think those laws against Jews at that time were wrong? I suspect you would.

If you were a German living in pre WWII Germany would you think the laws against Jews was wrong? I suspect that you wouldn't.

Laws along with peoples attitudes evolve

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No actually I think; Woman's body her choice.

19. CardinalVol

I'm not the one arguing if something is legal then it is right. I don't believe that to be the end all be all by a long shot. Don't flip this on me. This is what you have stated.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I agree if we're talking about a hysterectomy or an appendectomy or a sex change