Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Get behind me satan.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm really curious to see what effect our pace on offense has on his defense/calls.

Lexvol likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The coaching and scheming on offense has been pretty great. Execution, not so much.

TDVol1989, Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The play action to the tight ends up the seam were nice.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He gets pissed and loses his mind 3 or 4 times a game

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes going to crash his lbs to the los and try to jump those wr quick routes. TE and flats could be open.
    Not sure why it seems we haven't run a good screen or late rb dump in 10 years.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

the "hold the ball and wave at the wr's to go deeper" Milton method will not be there against SEC competition, which may be a plus. decisions will need to be quick.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If FL starts the game with 6 turnovers and Joe Milton goes 14/14 with 3 passing TDS, no INTs, and we rush for 3 scores while holding FL scoreless, there’s a chance we could keep it close.

Like the coaching staff, hate the product. If it wasn’t for the defense, I would predict the biggest margin of defeat in modern era. God bless Tim Banks and Rodney ‘the MAN’ Garner. And hot chili. This staff deserves a decent result, they really do.

Shock me Vols!

JayVols likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, I like our chances if spotted 42 points

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

you’re like my wife packing for an overnight trip

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Starting to rethink my stance on the we can stop their running game. They were the 4th team to average 6.0 ypc against Saban since he has been at Bama.

Florida 09
    Ga Southern 11 (triple option)
    Ohio State 14
    Florida 21

15. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It’s possible Bama just took their foot off the gas and lost the momentum. I don’t think the Florida team is that closely matched to Alabama. I do think Mullen’s offense’s ability to get 6 yards every play by scheme alone plays a big factor in keeping Alabama/other teams offenses off the field, while they wear down defenses and allow themselves back in games they’re losing. Mullen is an awesome college football coach in that he consistently just keeps it simple to exploit matchups rather than making his players line up and make plays.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It will be fun to see. This defense is playing so fundamentally sound that mistakes really standout. For instance, when Theo Jackson took a poor angle in the 3rd quarter against Tech it may have been the first time we've let a runner get outside of us this season. There probably have been other instances of it but it has been so rare this season.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This where I think we will lose the game. His adjustments are second to none.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

one extreme vs the other, shoot out vs low scoring slug fest, we have a chance in a slug fest.

We can't lose the turnover battle, though. just aren't good enough to win many games overcoming that.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama got up 3 touchdowns and got lazy, that played a part in it

Lexvol and A-Smith like this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's going to go back to the same ol same ol - who can control the LOS?

I expect a lot of press man and making us prove we can beat them.......and given that it's Grantham I expect them to keep doing it whether we can beat them or not.

JayVols likes this.