For Droski: Occupy Cal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Feb 24, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So evidently a guy in Berkely called the police about a suspicious person outside his home. They didn't respond because they were busy dealing with the Occupy Oakland crowd. The caller is now dead. What is the vibe over there?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think that's an oakland issue anyway, but i do think the tide is turning against these idiots.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So you haven't had any interaction with them or inconvenience caused by them? Evidently theyve somehow managed to cost the city millions in upkeep.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Thats Droski on the right.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i live in LA now. my office has actually been protested regurally, but outside of having to enter through a different door it hasn't been a problem.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Right. I knew that, just didn't occur to me because I'm pretty used to associating you with Berkely.

8. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

You live in Silverlake, right?

(kidding)

9. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Apparently, it's Silver Lake.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

playa del rey actually. silverlake is more for gays and urban hipsters.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Hence the joke. I'm familiar with the area. The SC fans I know use the Silver Lake line ad infinitum.

12. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure the "tide" was ever really with them.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Neo hippies and union workers don't mix. See New York's Hard Hat Riots of May 8, 1970.

I can understand the sentiment behind the Occupy movement to a point. However, the type of individuals and execution of said movement are disgraceful. I knew it would go badly when a bunch of anarchists that have never held a steady job became the face of the protests.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Non-violent protests only work if the protests are actually able to illuminate the injustices they are fighting. When the tactics of the protestors become the focal point instead of the purpose, you just look like a bunch of whiny assholes. The Civil Rights Movement worked because the protests actually demonstrated how they were being treated as inferiors. The Occupy people, while I kind of sympathize with the concept behind it, have no real focus or method of attracting people to the movement.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have no clue what their movement is about, but that some people have more than others.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty hard to sympathize with a bunch of jobless folk that want to change thei lot in life by hanging out in a tent for weeks at a time.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bay area folk actually believe this garbage that wall street ruined opportunity in america.