Gallup: Trump Approval Rating at 36%

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think he likes the idea of being president, the stature, the power, etc. However, he doesn't strike me as a details person and the office of president has a lot of factors that make the job tedious and stressful. The reality of being president is probably a lot less sexy than it would appear. So, I think he might like the idea of being president, but not so much the job of being president. That's my outside view.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think he absolutely LOVES being President. But I think he finds working as the President more than he wants.

And as the days go by, he will more and more LOVE the idea of being an ex-POTUS.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's see. So far the economic impact has not been experienced by the middle class.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree completely.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm middle class and I've bee very bust the past two months

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I mostly agree with this. I think he cares for more than just the trappings, but he doesn't strike me as a "details" sort of person. Never has been and never will be. Not excusing it - he should be, as POTUS - but he isn't, or hasn't shown a propensity for it, at least thus far. In absence of that, he's got to entrust others to those details, and where the devil plays.

I really believe that he sincerely wants to help Americans. Now, how - or if - he can accomplish that, is in the pudding, so to speak.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems to me the President should be more of a big picture guy and have his underlings be more detail focused. Seems there is too much ground to cover for you to be overly detailed.

8. Tenacious D

I'd be for a happy and healthy medium between the two.

I have been clear in his well-deserved criticism for having backed Ryan's plan - but the problem is that I think he completely entrusted him to write and propose it.

9. Tenacious D

Just realized the humor in actually typing that Trump "isn't a details guy".

Also, I am terrible at fishing, water is wet, night is dark, etc.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

To be clear, my post wasn't a defense of Trump as much as marveling at how a fairly elected leader can be so unpopular.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure that is true. we won't know for sure for at least a year when the numbers are official though.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his economic team is brilliant and we've already seen a big impact. the only question is if it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and if he gets his tax cuts put through.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

to be clear I think he sucks at basically everything else

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you'd have to believe either a decent portion of people who voted for him are now against him or that basically every person who didn't vote period is unhappy with trump. both seem improbable to me.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Evidence:

I'll get Jared to do that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's busy, not bust right?
    Happy for you if busy. I'm not saying things are in the shitter, I'm saying they weren't in the shitter in October either.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Places has started hiring like crazy here and I know the building trades has really picked up

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

The best leaders are big picture guys and are delegators i.e. Gen Patton.

Trumps economic plan is pretty good until you get to the blanket tariffs. Targeted tariffs are good if its to force the other side to disarm. See Reagan, Japan and the motorcycle tariff.

Hitching his wagon to Ryan and zer0Care 2.0 was a mistake.

Pubs promised repeal so work to repeal it. There is plenty of time to "replace" it. The two should be done separately.

Other than that he has done what I would have wanted. He is putting a leash on the EPA, quietly sending more troops to the ME to kill Jihadis, is working to curtail muslim immigration, is working to reign in illegal immigration from mexico and south America, is talking about rebuilding the military...etc.

I didnt vote for him, have a visceral dislike for him but I have been pleased for the most part in the more conservative direction he in which he has the ship of state pointed .

Its early but if he is smart he will work to oust Ryan and get a Freedom caucus guy in at speaker. They will aid him much better than RINO Ryan and the other squishes who will plod and plot to avoid getting in the water lest it be too hot or too cold.

Meanwhile he better be busting McConnells balls and tell him nothing gets done until Gorsuch in seated and to go nuclear if necessary. Once Gorsuch is in place then fast track the ban to SCOTUS and then expand to all muslim countries once SCOTUS confirms foreigners have no rights to enter here and can be denied for any reason.

It would be nice if we could have Lee or Cruz running the Senate. The RINOS must be removed from power somehow if congress is to function again.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah his anti trade stuff is idiotic