Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 12, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Open up at +10. Honestly thought it might be higher.

After yesterday…….it could be ugly.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got 'em right where we want 'em.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's going to be hard for their coaches to get them up for this game after Missouri beat the shit out of us.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... and the have already clinched a place in the SECC Game. What do they have to play for?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A national championship

yont sum iss? and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Is it going to be a significant crowd effect or will yesterday's loss temper the mood?

This is the first time in Heupel's tenure I've got a Butch Jones era "I don't give a shit" attitude towards a game and it stings. But, that's how bad yesterday's game was. Not just in terms of score, but effort, preparation, and general stupidity akin to the Jones Era. Heupel has an opportunity to prove a lot this Saturday because the BVS has markedly spiked in the last 24 hours.

That said, we aren't getting within 3 TDs on Saturday.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Refs are going to bring their A game, not that it will be needed.

If it plays out how I think it will, maybe Nico can get the second half and start against Vandy and in the bowl game.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I think the only way that Nico starts this years is if Milton skips the bowl game. Knowing how Heupel operates, I’d be shocked beyond belief if he benched Milton for senior day against Vandy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

IDK if I believe it, but we mathematically had a chance at the SECCG until yesterday afternoon, so maybe we were waiting until the season was "done"? If we're getting blown out Saturday, we mathematically have a chance at the Weedeater Bowl. I guess I could see holding off until bowl practice though.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Georgia doesn’t have that problem. There’s no complacency or inconsistency in that program. Kirby probably doesn’t get enough credit for that.

Yeah, they’ve got better players than everyone else, but they don’t have letdowns.

They might play with their food for a couple quarters, but they turn it on when they have to. Never caught slipping.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We will probably not get boat raced, but the refs are not going to let it stay close and our offense is so anemic right now, and UGA's defense so talented, that we will struggle to score.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think we’ll play better. Won’t be enough

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This game will go however Georgia wants it to. If they want 50, they'll get it.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ga will average 7 yards per play

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

A lot of you may look at -10 as “free money”

But Vegas is not stupid and they don’t have all those fancy buildings on the strip because they give away money.

I suspect this will be a closer game than most think. These guys have defended Neyland very well.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Dolly will be there. That counts for at least 3 points, right?

17. Ssmiff

Just don’t think Milton at qb and only having Squirrel as a true wr weapon along with our DC is a good mix for any success.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what has separated Saban from everyone else too. The one thing that may get Kirby, I was sure it would when he first started, is he's an ass and his players aren't great guys off the field. It's hard to hide with social media.

19. Ssmiff

Like Lane said, Ga has 25 5 stars. I don’t think we have a single 5* playing.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ole Piss lost by 35 and only dropped 4 spots. Of course we dropped 8 spots for the beating we took this weekend but if we lose this one we better not drop more than 4-5 spots.