Going to Notre Dame vs Michigan

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by warhammer, Sep 20, 2012.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Going to Chicago this weekend with some friends to get a sports weekend in. We're going to see the Cubs on Friday, Notre Dame Michigan on Saturday, and the Bears and Rams on Sunday. We've got Chicago nailed down for the most part, but none of us are too familiar with South Bend. We're taking the train over in the morning and thinking about where to sit back and drink a beer or four and watch college football before the game. Anybody got any suggestions? We're just looking for good food and a decent selection of beer.

Also, we are considering a trip to the Hall of Fame. How much time should we plan for that and is it worth it? Anything else we should check out?

Much thanks...

2. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Sounds fun. Be safe. No idea where. Never been.

Side note. Read today they are trying to relocate the hall
    Of fame to Atlanta. That would be great.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wife's family is all alumni, and sister in law currently works in South Bend. I'll ask tonight and see if I can get you a suggested place.

I hear things thrown out like "Chubby Trout" and "Fat Tomato," but I don't think they are bar bars.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys

5. fl0at_

6. fl0at_

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I hear Sandusky used to hit that one whenever Penn State was in town.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Isn't this Tenny and NYY's hangout?

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I was going to add my own gay joke in here, butt fvck it. Looks like it's already been done.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have a good friend from grad school who is now a coworker that will be heading down for the ND game this weekend (ND alumn).

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

CJs pub was a good place. Small joint but good atmosphere

We also went to some place that had lounge in the name. Don't remember right off, but reminded me of places on the strip. Very collegey.

You can bet your ass when I go back, Between the Buns is getting a patron.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was rather unimpressed with the food and drink in south bend. Not surprising for Indiana I guess. Of course this was 10 years ago. Went to the famous restaurant. Rudy was filmed there. Eh. Blanking on the name. Definetly check out the pregame walk through campus with the band and such.

13. fl0at_

O'Rourkes and Brothers Bar and Grill are also potential options.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We are on the train headed that way. Thanks guys