GOP's "Splitter Strategy" Failed, Backfires

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 4, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If we aren't smart enough to add multiple years of spending together.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Multiple years of nation building? Oh right, not smart enough.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

A strange way to describe increasing racial tensions, increasing terrorist vulnerability, and pushing through a cluster f**k of an insurance program. You are not stupid, but you are blinded by your ideology.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

broyles, this is the second time we have had a total breakdown in communication. I was calling it nation-building sarcastically, that is a Rumsfeld term. The dispute being had here is that folks are criticizing Obama for a spending increase, which can only be measured as such if one ignores the money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Again, do some financial homework. All operation are measured by ongoing expense and remove one time items. All of them. Ever seen a quarterly report? Ever read a 10k?

Avoiding the huge turd burger that made you orgasmic is the only way you can make such a silly pronouncement, but I'm actually not sure if you actually knew that. Maybe it isn't just you avoiding reality.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The Rinos during the W era had no fiscal restraint. That is why they lost in 2006. The dems and Rinos are one in the same when it comes to spending. Ryan, Boehner, and MCConnell have proven that by rubber stamping Obamas spending agenda.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's really not rinos. It is simply today's GOP.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yip. But instead of vote for Rand Paul or someone who might conceivably try to do something about it, we go all in on Trump. There is absolutely no political will to fix the budget in this country.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

aaaaaaand. . . this

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

apart from a strong desire to see douchebaggery punished, I'm with you here

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why won't trump? He's the one guy who might. Tell the establishment to kiss his ass with future votes.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He could. Trump doesn't have a track record to go by, so you have to go on rhetoric and his trustworthiness. His rhetoric seems fluid on some issues, and it's hard to gather just how how much he is a man of his word. I'd like to think he would rein in spending, but we just don't know what we'd get. I'd say the chances are as good with him as anyone still in the race. We know the establishment's position.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen.

I'm always surprised to see that Rand Paul is wearing pants.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

lol

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How very Trumpian of you.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Trump's a big govt. type. You think he's going to relinquish the govt.'s power once he gets in?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Personally, no, but my position is relative at this point.

Name a candidate who is still in the race and who better guarantees less government.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah