Has this pic made the rounds?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeEmpire, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

LWS on VQ this morning talking about the Tee Martin situations. Said Lyle did it just for show and wanted Azzani all along. He said Tee was ready to accept the offer and never heard back from Lyle.

If true...well...you know...

2. Tmac61

let me preface this by saying that LWS is a part of the Fulmer good ol boy network and has had an agenda against the program since his dismissal. It could be made up but it certainly sounds like something Lyle would do.

Getting Tee on this coaching would be a huge step in the right direction no matter your thoughts on him. Most of VQ doesn't want him back because "he a traitor." That should tell you all you need to know.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

That is disgusting. Lyle should be tarred, feathered and run out on a pole. Why is the collective fanbase so ready to cast a statue in bronze of this joke who hasn't won anything of consequence in his entire life?

4. Tmac61

Lyle does a lot of dirty work behind the scenes. Do you think we are getting these big time recruits on our own merits? Do you think the booster club has rallied (somewhat) just because they like the guy?

5. Tmac61

The majority on UT football's fanbase are complete idiots. They would be loyal to human shit if it were coaching Tennessee football. They don't know any better. These are people who have worked in factories for minimum wage their entire lives and survive by kissing up to the boss. Sad but true.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban is a defensive genius.

Richt is an extremely good qb coach.

Fisher isn't anything special.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

golston hasn't turned it over once this year. I think you underrate fisher.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fisher may be nothing special but he's far and away better than Butch could ever hope to be.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Franklin guided Vandy to two 9-4 seasons.

****ing Vandy.
    ****ing 9 wins.
    ****ing twice.

It is not debatable that he is far better than either of the past two cµπt bags that have graced the UT sidelines.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  10. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

And for that reason he has wins over said 'bags. And it makes me ill every time I think about it.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, but that's not a high bar to hurdle.

He's playing in a terrible conference and he out athletes everyone.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's handing off to a guy averaging 9 yards a carry.

13. Tmac61

Saban is far from a defensive genius. He is a recruiting genius. He only recruits guys to play his system. There is nothing fancy about his defensive style. But Saban's true genius lies in his ability to lure top coaching talent year in and year out.

Have we forgotten that our best years were with a "CEO coach?"

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Just pointing out that even if Fisher isn't on Saban or Richts level, there's 10 miles of shit before you'll find Butch's level.

15. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

flew one over the bama game in 1992 for a political campaign. about $1500 for three circles. seventeen letters. no ut involvement at all. just some guy flying out of island home.

that was 1992. what with homeland insecurity now and such . . .

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Say wat?

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think the first 1.5-2 years, Lyle was hitting home runs with PR and everything. But once the pressure ratcheted up, he has cracked. His press conferences are impossible to listen to anymore. The big roll out of a new recruit committing has all but stopped. And the constant need for excuses. My god, the excuses.

And the whole back pocket thing.

He is starting to appear paranoid and narcissistic. A few more bad losses and it will only get worse.

He is not cut out to be a CEO or a head Xs and Os coach of any major program. IMHO.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

To me, this point completely overrides your belief that he can be a CEO coach.

Give me someone who wins. Plain and simple.

19. Tmac61

Fair enough. I would say the best part is no one is confused on who to blame. This mess rests squarely on Lyle.

20. Tmac61

its more of a best case scenario. Lets be real for a minute. Lyle aint getting fired after the year. The best case scenario is that he realizes his scheme aint worth a damn and hires new coordinators and then leaves them the hell alone.