I am in my toughest battle, but will perservere.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jun 13, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sending me home today, but I do not want to go yet. Feel like they are pushing me out too quickly. Thinking about filing a review protest to force them to let me stay, but I wonder how good they would treat me.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No one is ever really ready to go home. I hope all goes well, and still sending good thoughts your way, Randy.

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Hope you have a speedy recovery RB, you'll be kickin' ass and taking names before you know it!

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Do what you gotta do. The folks on the floor there I'm sure would be good with it.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Get a hotel room nearby for a few nights, that way you have the re-assurance of your doctors nearby.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Love you, my friend.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I still have an ardent admiration for you, and miss seeing you.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good advice.

9. wildnkrazykat

I wore out the word nearby, Huh

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I didn't notice. I thought your suggestion was legit good advice.

11. wildnkrazykat

My #1 recommendation to anyone having surgery away from home, or who feels uncomfortable with their rate of discharge. The duration of the trip and mental stress aren't worth it if you aren't feeling confident in the doctors decision.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Agreed, but I had a long talk with the head PT person, and she convinced me I was better off going home. I think she is very legit with no BS, and she used logical thinking with a twist of dark humor. I was putty in her hands. Plus I felt tons better Monday night. So now I am home thanks to our
    next door neighbors who drove the 3 hours to bring my son so he could drive my wife's car home. She is a step from becoming a basket case, and driving on the Interstate stresses her to the max.

I am a lucky man to have such great friends for neighbors. They thanked us for allowing them to help, and were sincere. A good life lesson here fellows. At least two people from church offered to do it, my high school buddy offered to drive from Corryton, and I am willing to bet two members of the 8th would have if asked, along with a number of friends from the music fraternity. A life lesson indeed.

13. NorrisAlan

Glad you are home, Randy. Keep working hard and know that we are pulling for you.

14. wildnkrazykat

Welcome home sweetie. Of course you have great friends, you're a great person.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Rb, I imagine if you asked any one of us, we'd have figured it out and made it work.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect that you will rest better in your own bed and recuperate faster in familiar surroundings.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

right now unable to lie down in bed . Using recliner, have extreme constipation, tried Fleet enema with no success. Since surgery (May 25th) have only had 1 bm without help.

18. NorrisAlan

Keep at it, RB.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sorry to hear. That makes life miserable. Hope it clears up sooner than later.

20. wildnkrazykat

Kale!