POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. CardinalVol

I'm enjoying Buffett vs the Haslams (as best as I can tell, primarily Jimmy).

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Same. Was just chatting with somebody close to the situation recently. Jimmy is by all accounts the guy who thinks he’s the biggest dog in the yard who can bully and mother[uck fay] anybody to get what he wants.

I think he’s going to find out he’s actually messing with the true biggest dog in the yard.

4. CardinalVol

If he thinks he can [uck fay] with Buffett, he's dumber than I ever thought he was.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I absolutely believe he got some of the executives together at Cherokee in an attempt to bribe them into helping inflate the value of his remaking stake. Like there is no doubt it’s true.

And it also provides more evidence he knew exactly what was going on in the fuel rebate scheme, to the point that it might have even been his idea. At the very least, he signed off on it early on. I don’t really remember which side of the fence I was on (knowing vs not knowing) but if it was the latter then I was wrong on that.

This is the same guy who thought he could pay Hue Jackson to tank too.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You make it sound like this could go from civil to having criminal consequences.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Don’t know the laws but it’s unethical as hell at the very least.

IP likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

I've got zero, ZERO doubt, he did it. I mean, that seems like SOP for him. I've always thought it was asinine that he wasn't aware of the fuel rebate stuff. I don't think he could come up with it, but I have no doubt he gave a thumbs up on it.

I'd also be willing to wager that neither Bill nor Jim knew what his plans at Cherokee were going to be.

9. CardinalVol

Could theoretically fall under SEC or FINCen I guess since BH was already an owner and would have incorporated Pilot into it's financials. I'm just spit-balling here, nothing concrete.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not a lawyer, it just seems like if Buffet is right then something illegal occurred.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is very dumb.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Made a good bit off of Bitcoin on this run.

getting close to taking some profits soon, still don’t think it’ll hold when shit hits the fan.

my luck Powell will be more like Burns and cut rates and it’ll really be off to the races.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would take the profits and put some of them in gold.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

20 t0 25% increase in PhD program applications across science programs. I have a pet hypothesis that science PhD application increases are an indicator for economic trouble. When things are good, money is being absolutely slung around such that someone with a master's is either getting paid well or sees a path to being promoted to being paid well. When things are bad, someone with a master's or undergrad thinks they are going to have to get a PhD to get any financial security.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think there is quite a few signs right now. I know in years past the RV factories are usually the first to start to slow down and lay people off when we are headed for economic troubles. They have been laying people off like crazy for about 3 months now. I have also seen slow downs in different areas of the building trades but I am not as worried about that because I think that was a boom that is just starting to return to normal. My gut says 2024 might be a difficult year.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They did a good job cooking the job numbers again today.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I always have to say this, but I hate economics and the role it plays in people's lives. A role they have zero power over and is a constant worry.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Norris I know being behind the 8 ball sucks but you have way more control and power over your finances than you think.

I’d suggest trying to dive into some personal finance information and learning instead of becoming bitter about the modern rat race.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She is so bad at her job