POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

So 28% more than pre pandemic, nice.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably the actual number that should have been reported but 199K had a better ring to it. Numbers cooked as usual.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

F**k her and the Biden admin. This right here, this is why Biden’s approval rating is what it is. Tell Americans the truth or something closer to it, even if the news isn’t good they’ll take it better than being pissed on from a great height. Say “we know things aren’t great, but we’re doing the best we can and there’s only so much we can control”.

Median household income is down since he took office. Can’t game that.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She is a habitual liar and lies everytime she stands behind the microphone

5. HCKevinSteele

If you have enough oppression points is it really lying though

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Second time he has said this. Strap in for a certain recession.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum]. That's a wrap.

NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Depression coming that'll make 29 and (18)73 look calm.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Powell was pretty dovish yesterday so will be interesting if the fed put comes back into play if they can kick the can down the road past 24 and the elections without inflation spiking again

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like more folks are no longer thinking a recession is coming. Soft landing achieved, etc. Though you never see the big things coming for sure.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I still think we are going to have a tough first half of the year in 2024.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hmmm.

Christmas weekend.

Gas goes up 30¢ a gallon at my gas station off of I-75.

Interesting.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you weren't expecting this, I've got some ocean front land I can arrange for you to purchase in Hardin County.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I noticed that this morning too. Nothing to see here

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

For months we are told from every corner how miserable the economy is and people are. Now in the last 10 days or so, we are being told how good the economy is and how positive people are. This is all bullshit. It is not swinging that hard. It was never that bad once inflation started coming down and it isn't that awesome now. We have a narrative problem where we can't accept things just being "meh, it's a Tuesday." But definitionally, most of the time things are pretty meh. Not great, not terrible.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My retirement is up over 20% this year. I'm downright giddy about it right now.

And this problem is called "24 hour media" and doom and gloom provides better ratings.

gcbvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

I’ll google but where is this positive spin from?

18. HCKevinSteele

You’re right that it was never ‘that’ bad. But for a big chunk of Americans inflation outpaced their earnings and that shit just really gets under people’s skin. And you can’t buy a house now and that really irks people. The negative sentiment is real and justified.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The misery index for one (which is a stupid metric anyway). Expected GDP is way higher than previously forecast this year. Inflation is way down. By most every metric the US economy is doing better than just about anyone.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

We don't disagree, but the heart of the bad vibes is housing cost, not the economy. Traditionally, housing going up is considered "good" because people who own them are getting more value. The economy IS good, the cost of housing is part of that, and also why many people are pissed. The ladder has been pulled up. There is easily a six figure difference in me having bought my house in early 2021 and now. And that's not sustainable. However, it is mostly a supply and demand problem. We need more affordable housing, but there is not a good profit margin on that and also zoning limits it. It isn't Joe Biden and the Demoncrats. If we don't correctly identify the problem it won't get fixed.