Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Give that kid a T-shirt that says "Luckiest Boy in the World".

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Im usually all for giving people 2nd chances, but Sandusky deserves the damn electric chair. I read the 23 page report and I wish I had not. Its sickening and pathetic. Penn State deserves to be shut down for their lack of sense and getting knowledge in this situation to see if the situation was being handled. Joe Pa may be old and have done great things for college ball (imo he needs to be fired) but this is as big a black eye as I think there has ever been for an athletic program. This makes the Cam Newton, Bruce Pearl, and Jim Tressel mishaps seem so miniscule. Hell it even makes Nevin Shapiro and the Miami situation look like a saint.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I personally hope that everyone involved with this thing gets as hammered as is possible under the law. I think they could sustain a conspiracy indictment on each and every individual that knew that Sandusky was raping kids yet continued providing him a place to continue raping more kids. If they did that, I think people would be tripping over themselves to tell the state everything they knew in order to try to limit their liability. If they want to get all the facts, the district attorney needs to go after all these [uck fay]ers.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Were there really people on Paterno's lawn tonight in support of him? Are you shitting me with that?

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not just some. A hell of a lot of them were there. It's simply pathetic.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There should be a lynch mob running around town...

7. [video=youtube;YOnMcfn52is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOnMcfn52is[/video]

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Good grief.

Congratulations, Bruce Pearl fans. You no longer look as bad.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Out of sheer morbid curosity, is the game Saturday still on the board in Vegas? Because if it is, I'll take Nebraska and whatever the spread is.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Paterno to resign at end of year.

11. CardinalVol

Not sure it's the best decision, but probably the easiet to reach at this point.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i bet he wont last that long. the penn state people don't seem to realize this ain't blowing over until they fire EVERYONE.

13. CardinalVol

We should probably be happy he didn't get a raise as a show of support given how they've handled the rest of it.

14. CardinalVol

Serious question -

Does the Big 10 or NCAA have any grounds to not allow him to coach the remainder of the year? I mean, technically speaking, he's not broken any conference or NCAA rules. So can they?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

now that we are up to 20 kids and probably more to follow i wonder if penn state football will survive this. i have to think we are talking about tens of millions of dollars here. maybe hundreds. that money has to come from somewhere and i bet teh alumns ain't going to be too happy to pay up.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  16. CardinalVol

droski - where are you getting the 20, the most I see listed in 9.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently 10 more have come foward since it became public.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hearing that Penn State's AD will resign soon and Sabanocchio has already thrown his name in the hat as a replacement.

19. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If anyone needs evidence of how completely out of whack the sports culture in America has become they can just look at the video from JoePa's house last night.