Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

PSU may not want either since both were there when Sandusky was

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. Do you think Nebraska has any experience with the boning visiting kids in rectum program?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good point. they may have to go for a complete outsider.

4. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I would bet the added weight of this mess will force Paterno's hand at seasons end. He is probably too strong headed to go before.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't think of that. I was betting a PSU alum at a school with NCAA issues would be eager to jump ship, but that could be a PR problem.

6. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

This is all FAR from a laughing matter. But I'll have to admit, I thought of the same exact movie scene.

"Billy....do you like gladiator movies?"

"Billy....have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Press conference canceled. Cowards.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The way this is going, Paterno may be out by the end of the day.

9. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cowherd just "reported" that the Times "is reporting" that Paterno is out by the end of this week. So you heard it here 1st?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My guess is that it'll be reported he's gone at season's end. I'd be surprised if he got the axe this week.

I cannot imagine any organization handling this any worse than Penn State has the last 4 days.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he already has the all time wins record. force him out today and end this madness. fire the coach who saw it as well.

14. fl0at_

Exactly. What makes you think they'll start handling it well now? Axing Paterno today seems to be par for their course.

As an edit: Unless getting rid of him today is the right thing to do, in which case, yea, PSU will push it til the end of the year.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  15. CardinalVol

The reason I say end of the year is that it'll be the compromise they reach between PSU and JoePa. That way he won't fight it and this will only be in the news for 3 more weeks and not until JoePa dies. He thinks he did no wrong. He's not going down withough a fight. Heck, they could fire him today and he'll still probably show up to the game Saturday. Don't discount the stubborn old man factor in this.

Personally, my thoughts are he should have been gone 30 seconds after this was released.

16. CardinalVol

Interesting, JoePa wants to address media and his son is trying to set up a presser off campus.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sadly i think you are right. joepa thinks he did nothing wrong.

18. fl0at_

You are likely right. He is going to be a stubborn old man. I think him trying to put together a presser without the approval of PSU shows that. It might also make it easier for PSU to let him go, early, though.

Either way this plays out, JoePa won't be the coach at PSU next year.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If I were JoePa I'd come forward with a resignation speech saying this kind of thing didn't happen in my day, I didn't know how to deal with it, so I regrettably passed the buck. I should have taken more responsibility. I've been in football so long I don't always know how to deal with things outside that realm, especially something as bizarre and perverted as this. My football career has led me to mishandle a lot of things in my life, but this was by far the worst. I hope you'll remember me for my actions on the field and not my regrettable inaction off of it. Penn State football rules!

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I don't see how he can be the coach on Saturday.