Jobs versus Health

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they get the numbers through models, similar to economic models but with environmental and population factors instead.

3. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

yeah, because the solar industry is really filling in those gaps in employment

nearly 2 billion in taxpayer dollars awarded to two solar companies (one is bankrupt, the other will be soon) and how many jobs were created and at what cost?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So to be clear, jobs are more important than 20,000 deaths due to air pollution?

5. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

20,000 premature deaths, a number they can't ever prove, only speculate

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like the number of deaths from aborted fetuses?

7. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

if you remember from the various threads on VN, I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to abortion, so that's not really a tactic you can use with me

the modeling which you speak so highly of is like the Congressional Budget Office, garbage in-garbage out

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Did I read somewhere that people are gonna "die" if this "jobs" bill doesn't pass?

Are we looking for the lesser of the 2..

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Any evidence to back up the claims? Do we know how 'prematurely' the people are going to die. You would hope to see more evidence with a claim like that.

Not attacking you, IP. I quickly skimmed the article (so I may have missed something), but it didn't seem to elaborate much.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is an equal amount of information concerning premature deaths as there is job creation from this, imo.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In the article or in the bill?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean "out there." They both make conclusions based on assumptions.