King Tut's in Knoxville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Jul 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This place popped into my mind tonight. Anyone ever been? It's the wildest dining experience you'll ever have, you'll have no idea what anything costs, and it will take a minimum of two and half hours to eat there. And they'll bring you things you didn't ask for. In ceramic vases.

Any good stories you guys have of the place? I sang Toby Keith karaoke while eating a falafel there once and I was completely stone-cold sober.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I used to live right near there and went fairly often. Crazy place. Kind of went down hill the last couple of times I went, from a cleanliness perspective.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So IP lived in Vestal?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. I have lived in Maynardville and Vestal. I'm a classy feller.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've been there. It's entertaining, I'll give it that. I'm not really that into that much craziness going on while I eat, though. Some of the food I liked, some was meh. I think I could order more intelligently next time.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I also lived in Vestal for a little over a year. Friend who I rented from still lives there. Right between Ave C and D. Our immediate neighbors were fine but you didn't have to go far for shenanigans.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've always heard how awesome this place is but have never gone there.

I lived on the other side of Chapman off Moody Ave about three streets behind the shady Ken-Jo there for about a year. The neighbors directly surrounding us were great, but I kept waiting on about 3 or 4 houses on our street to blow up in a meth production gone bad.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

That spot was Vestal at its finest.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best greek salad in Knoxville

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Go there once to say you've been. Don't have any expectations about it and just enjoy it as some sort of bizarre dinner theater.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

It's BYOB as well. Perfect spot for an 8th social event imo.