Kudos to these Tea Party Republicans

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 18, 2015.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. JayVols

I'd like to add that cancer sucks.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, Jay, it annoys the hell out of me. What is it about cancer that makes it special? Nothing. Why can't they see that federal leadership is required on many fronts, not just cancer?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the one that kills me is all the money we spend on cancer awareness.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

my mom and several of her childhood friends have all had cancer diagnoses in the last year.

that being said, if it was democrats championing this i'd like to think i could put aside my contrasting political opinions to at least say, "well that's nice."

good on you, jay.

6. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

toss aids awareness in there, too.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wait, there is something called "cancer"? Can you please tell me what this "cancer" stuff is?

8. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect boobs, right?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

both my parents and virtually everyone I know has some family member that has been effected. of course this guy is ignoring the significant advancements that have been made. it's hardly an area that's been ignored.

[​IMG]

10. JayVols

I see what you are saying, and don't disagree. I have skin in the game. I just try to remember that any journey begins with a single step.

11. JayVols

I have very engrained beliefs. However, giving away one of my secrets, much of my political postings here are intended to poke the beehive to watch the ensuing chaos...

What's right knows no political party in my eyes. I honestly do not care what party one identifies themselves as; if it's something I feel is good, I will support it. As my daddy always said, "The truth will stand when the world's on fire."

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What other areas do you believe are as critical?

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would rather spend research money on curing cancer (or tens of thousands of other ailments) than putting a rover on Mars.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I rant and rave about that like a mad man. So stupid.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's just it. You think these guys would give a rat's ass about cancer if it weren't for the fact that it was affecting their families? You think they give a shit about malaria? It kills more. We know how they stand on stem cells, which could help with a whole host of diseases.

They're selfish bastards, I will pat them on the back when they do something that shows compassion for someone not like them.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Genetic diseases, emerging threats like Lyme, heart disease, obesity. I'm all for taking on cancer, but cancer is actually multiple diseases and gets lots of awareness and funding. Meanwhile, being fat has become a protected status and no one talks about how more women die of heart disease than all cancers combined.

Everything is out of whack. Prostate cancer kills more than breast cancer. Heart disease kills more than both.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

makes you wonder if home ec might be one of the most important classes we could teach in HS. what percentage of 18 year olds know how to make a healthy affordable meal? hell what percentage of 40 year olds know it?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Obesity? How has being fat become "protected"?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

had dinner last week with my wife's friend and her husband. she tells me for breakfast she had a bagel and cream cheese, lunch mcdonald's filet of fish and fries, and for dinner we had Mexican she had a 3 item combo and there wasn't a lick of food left over. and god knows what other snacks she had during the day. I could stand to lose 30 pounds at least and I'm 6'2 and that's far more calories than I eat. during the dinner she tells us of her joint pain, blood clot risk, high blood pressure, and her feet having no padding (I had never heard of this) as though they are things that have been thrust upon her as a victim of circumstance. no mention of the obvious fact that all of these have to do with her being 100 (at least) pounds overweight.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You never can spend other people's money too generously