Martial law comin'

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Fox News reporting is only slightly less lousy than their pundity. I will agreee, however, that the Journal does a decent job with straight news, but they are definitely right leaning, probably about as much so as the NY Times leans left.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Good call. I've heard the wife refer to that term before.

It's only idiocy until you show it off. Lol

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've read obviously biased left article on the new York times. just a way of presenting facts. I don't see that ever at the wsj. my guess is it's because the majority of writers for the WSJ are likely left leaning themselves. it's only the editorial board that's right.

4. Unimane

I've seen some articles from the WSJ on things like climate change and unions that are clearly right wing, in my opinion. Of course, the right vs. left bias is usually pretty subjective. Look at the varying opinions on Obama from the right and left, for a prime example.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Joe Scarborough FTMFW

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you mean non opinion articles? I'd like to see which ones you are referring to.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No way you can say they are notably worse than MSNBC.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would say it's notably worse, and I 'lean' right.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

[video=youtube_share;-DrSEyjBj1w]http://youtu.be/-DrSEyjBj1w[/video]

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6 weeks? Do what we can to get to 4/15 to get in all tax payments and we're good IMO.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

one can say it all day long, but anything definitive is tough to substantiate.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The WSJ only prints climate opinion pieces. Never climate science. That is my only real gripe with the WSJ.

13. Unimane

The only deal there is that MSNBC simply tried to copy FoxNews, but liberals don't really watch nor take them that seriously.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I went back to my dads to make peace and get a better look at what he did in the basement. It really is pretty ingenious.One of the coolest things was the seed bank he has put together. Too bad he won't ever need it.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but every conservative on earth takes Fox seriously. Hell, it's the only thing I watch / listen to / talk about.

16. Unimane

A hell of a lot more conservatives takes Fox News seriously than the pittance of liberals who take MSNBC seriously. Besides, who said "all conservatives"?

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't know that I buy that. The only real difference is that Fox News is the only major conservative news network.

18. Unimane

Fox News, as they'll tell you, gets more viewers than any other network, by far. In fact, I believe it's more than all the cable networks combined. I have zero doubt that more conservatives take Fox seriously than do liberals with MSNBC.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's because you don't know anything about conservatives, including their worldview. You buy the popular idiocy that conservatives are just the crew that can't think. You throw out silliness about yokels while ignoring that an enormous bloc of the liberal voter base is the free money lot.

The numbers argument is utterly senseless. FoxNews is the lone outlet fighting against everyone else. The gross numbers are absurdly skewed left, particularly with the networks involved and those cats tend to look more like MSNBC than they do some fictional center of the road news broadcast.

20. Unimane

None of what you say refutes my point whatsoever that more conservatives take Fox more seriously than liberals do MSNBC. You just decided to take a different tact once your first "all conservatives watch Fox News" jibe didn't work out and reverted back to your "liberals on the dole" sanctuary. Besides, I'm sure those low information, "free money" voters are assiduously watching news channels when the latest Jersey Shore or Housewives whatever show is running at the same time.