Momentum and Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 14, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The "true Southerner" stuff is so ignorant I can't stand it. East Tennesseans have no history of "Southern gentlemen" anyway. Go to Middle Tennessee or the Deep South if that is what you are looking to hang your hat on. Appalachians weren't gentle folk.

Further more, what the hell does being a gentleman have to do with football? OR UT? Our legend was a general, not a gentleman. What are we, Ole Miss?

News flash: The University of Tennessee is a 21st century Research One school. Don't confuse it with some sort of Gone with the Wind fantasy you have or romanticized notion as to what it means to be from and in the South. It's the New South.

2. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

You mean that the team chaplain converting people to Jesus on a game day won't win games for you?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care how many players you baptize. If you drive millions of your fans to sin, violence and excess due to your consistently crappy play, you are an agent of Satan and must be cast out.

4. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

So, the red dog must be a hound of hell. He has been working with Dooley all along. Clifford is ruining the Vols.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley certainly isn't classy, a gentleman, and sure as hell isn't a Tennessee guy. In fact, considering how much he likes some of UT's biggest rivals I'd go as far as to say he is less of a Tennessee guy than Lane Kiffin.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The true southern gentleman schtick is for people who have never stepped foot on campus.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Groves what do you think about Rucker and Callahan saying that the MS St loss alone does not get Dooley fired. Rucker tweeted last night "The season would have to completely derail for Dooley to get fired".

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 40,000 bama fans in Neyland next week will shut them up.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I sold my tickets to two Bama fans. oops.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any other season I would berate you and bearcat. But you guys don't deserve to sit through what is going to go down in Neyland Stadium next week. Neither do our players, really.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd be willing to buy up as many tickets from UT fans and sell them all to Bama fans if it were to expedite Dooley's departure.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I wish I could say right, but no he wasn't.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder what they think a season totally derailing looks like?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A head coach with a broken hip not sending his lard ass OC, you know the guy that's been here longer than anyone else, down to the field to run the team?

A head coach that hired a defensive coordinator that is legitimately hated by his players and the majority of the staff?

A head coach that has all but alienated his two best assistants in Graham and Hinshaw?

A team that has no frickin clue as to what they're doing on defense or kick off returns?

A head coach that goes out and recruits the #1 JUCO WR in the country, and he touches the ball more on kickoff returns than he does on offense?

An offensive staff that can't get the signals in to their legitimately talented offense, so the QB has to make it up as he goes?

15. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

this x a bajillion

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It pisses me off when people say that ignorant shit. Tennessee isn't Ole Miss. General Neyland wasn't a "southern gentleman", he was a military man that demanded excellence.

17. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

also, as a Knoxville native living on the West Coast I spend an inordinate amount of time explaining to people that YES, East TN is *in* the South but NO, it's not really *part* of The South.

We have more in common with the couch-burners in West Virginia than we do with the dipshits wearing school-color chinos and rep ties while gargling mint juleps further Down South (and in places like Charlottesville, FWIW).

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There will come a day when I place a cold beer in your hand for this post.

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I agree. I believe I sat through this game in 2008. No one deserves that.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I hope you made them pay a premium price.