My Sad Beerpiphany

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Richard Dick, May 26, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch works his ass off recruiting.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i still think it's fair to give him credit for doing something well.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

this is all any of us want to see.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch isn't an elite recruiter, but he's better than most.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Coming off of the results of the Dooley era with more competition recruting wise than fulmer had is at least doing a good job recruiting.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

meh. He was selling immediate playing time in a historically top 10 program in a league that has become the focal point of college football in front of 100,000 fans. He also had what seemed like about a dozen legacies. Also the average recruit is about on par with volnation in terms of optimism and gullibility. I know I was at age 18. I think last year was more indicative what Butch is about on the recruiting trail.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

immediate playing time in a program that was routinely getting the hell beat out of it and was last top ten when these guys were what, 5? It's ok, you can give him credit for doing something well, and not be a sheep.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

but I hate him so

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Absolutely.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My refrigerator works its ass off too. I don't elevate it to something greater than it is.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Giving Jones credit for doing a good job recruiting isn't elevating him to something greater than he is.

12. JayVols

Problem is, most folks don't think it's just "a good job".

13. JohnnyQuickkick

and other folks can't take off the "i hate that guy" glasses.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

However it come about.
    1. Jones recruiting ability
    2. Legacy boom
    3. UT
    Or a combination of the 3 (where Id land) he has the roster now. To hold that together hes gotta do something he has yet to do or that will drift away from the heights of Fulmer toward the depths of Dooley.

15. JayVols

I do hate the guy. My vision is 20/20. No glasses needed. He's a charlatan, a fake. I've been nothing but consistent with my views on fake-ass people in all arenas of life in my dealings on this site and in my life.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't really like the guy either, but that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he's done a good job with some things and a terrible job with others. That's completely independent of my feelings.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

And I say that regarding the totality of him as a football coach. I've never had one personal interaction with the guy.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Then I push my bet with Savage Orange and you ****ers can buy your own chicken wings.

19. JayVols

Nothing I've seen from the guy makes me want to have personal interactions with him.

20. JayVols

Said Indy, never.