New Muzak -- what are you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Aug 21, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah. Well dude sounds almost like he is doing a Bob Dylan impression.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I try to give some new stuff a chance, but I don't like the direction most rock has gone these days and much the alternative stuff has gone too electronic for my tastes. Doesn't mean there's not some stuff I'm OK with, but it sure is a lot easier to just rock the Foo Fighters, y'know?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The normal progression is to listen less and less new music as you get older. So I don't think you suck or that you're weird.*

I've just made it a point to stay on top of new music as much as is reasonable. I really enjoy hearing a great song for the first time. If I'm in my car listening to a new album and the first 12 tracks are just like 45 minutes of excruciating noise, but then track # 13 blows my mind and I've got it on repeat for the next two days, then the first 12 tracks are forgiven.

And I am of the opinion that there is, and always will be, good music out there being made. Perhaps it's no longer on the free radio stations, and so a bit more effort may be required to find it, but it's out there.

*The guy who only listened to classic rock WAS weird (imho), but he is the most extreme example I've encountered.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shazam is an essential tool for identifying new music. 105.3 in Knoxville does a good job of presenting decent new stuff, and I just tag it with Shazam so I remember it later.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

anyone do Katy Perry?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I would.

7. kidbourbon

Reverse cowgirl

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

look at you guys, jumping all over the softball. Freakin' hit dogs.

9. kidbourbon

Shazam is the tiits.

10. kidbourbon

Was your objective something other than slowly rolling the softball down the first base line?

Because if you were gonna mention a Katy Perry song, freakin pull that trigger. Don't be shy. It takes a man to come out and admit he likes some teen pop. I haven't heard much Katy Perry, but by god I'm about to play the song "I want it that way" by the Backstreet Boys. I'll freaking bump it. "Teeeeellllll me why..."

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

BPV it feels so strange seeing you on here with no BMFPV avatar

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

have no idea what song you're talking about, but Katy Perry was the only really hot teenie bopper I could think of.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

There is a radio station out of Myrtke Beach that I listened to while I was weekending at Pawleys Island earlier in the summer that played a good mix of stuff like Foo Fighters and also Fun. and Foster the People and Gotye and the like. I put it on my TuneIn as well, WKZQ.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I liked the Gotye song at first, but it is soooo played now. I haven't heard any of his other songs.

15. WM

WM Active Member

[​IMG]

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here you go:

[video=youtube;autx0rn1VRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=autx0rn1VRs[/video]

17. kidbourbon

They're pretty good, actually.

[video=youtube;oyVJsg0XIIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyVJsg0XIIk[/video]

18. kidbourbon

You're clearly lying

[video=youtube;4fndeDfaWCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg[/video]

19. kidbourbon

I'd play a game of "just the tip" with Miley Cyrus.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I like Sound Hound. Doesn't need to be the studio release for it to recognize it. You can even sing/hum the song yourself, and it's usually pretty accurate.