NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

ESPN is basically just non-stop cringe now.

2. yont sum iss?

I can't imagine watching anything other than live sports on ESPN ever again.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For me it's not so much the content itself, as the way they choose to report on it. I don't mind them reporting on stuff that is happening in sports, and obviously the Mahomes contract signing is huge.

But the title for that Mina Kimes video is a real head scratcher. Is that what they pay her $400k a year for? It reminds me of the stupid videos that people are always posting on Facebook. Something along the lines of "A man climbed through the window of my neighbor's house... you won't believe what he did next!"

What the [uck fay] are they thinking?

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Get woke go broke

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

7. yont sum iss?

It’s not just the “woke” thing. ESPN (and really all other sports talk TV) is just bad now. It’s just a conglomeration of uninteresting dumb[uck fay]s trying to be as ridiculous as possible to get attention. The injection of politics into every single thing doesn’t help though.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i feel like i dont deserve to watch espn anymore or arent on their list of peoole they want to watch, so have decided to take my watching talents elsewhere.
    Interested to see advertising costs in the next few years as they push away a demographic who watches sports and buys shit they see on commercials more than any other demographic category.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not trying to offend anybody, but a Kaepernick docuseries produced by Jemele Hill is just not something I’m going to watch.

warhammer likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can applaud Kaepernick for standing up for what he believes is right while also saying he's not the greatest qb in the world and teams and locker rooms aren't tolerant of distractions if you aren't good.

He had one great year and a few decent ones, meets a crazy [itch bay] and wants to be the next martyr.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I could also be 100% wrong but I get the sense he realizes his value as the blackballed outcast is way higher than his value as a mediocre quarterback

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Which was his great year and which were his decent years?

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2013 was good, 2014 was great. The rest were meh

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12 was also good, after he took over for Alex Smith.

Then 2015 was Jim Tomsula who was subsequently fired after one season for being absolutely [uck fay]ing wretched as a head coach. It’s also important to note he suffered a season ending injury.

2016 was Chip Kelly, another disaster. But once he recovered from his 3 offseason surgeries he started 11 games and put up number similar to 13 and 14, if you average them out over a 16 game season.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sorry but this narrative just isn’t true. There is actual real evidence that it’s incorrect from an NFL locker room and, while just a guess, there’s probably even more guys than not who agree with his message now than there were in 2016.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So with it, again, proven he’s not a locker room distraction and it proven, again, that he could still play in 2016, the real issue at this point is going to be can he play at a high level now after sitting out for as long as he has?

And I think the answer to that question is no. I don’t think there’s many professional athletes who can miss 3-4 years and come back the the level they left the game with.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

as if somebody in a locker room is dumb enough to speak up against Kaepernick and get whiteballed from the league and labeled by the media. And distraction doesn't need to be him directly involved. If other players are asked about Kaepernick, continuously, and his stances on race or topic du jour, it will grow old and will be a distraction. And pressuring egotistical millionaire businessmen into giving him a contract because "its the right thing to do" and "there are worse qbs" isn't going to work. Kaepernick is bad for business. The crowd in the stands who buy tickets won't be on his side, which is bad for business, and he's not taking your team to the next level. More than likely your ticket sales and support will drop. People don't like Kaeps attitude and its their right just as it is his right to do whatever he chooses to do. People don't pull for race baiters. They are bad for business.