NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He wasn't playing at a high level when he got blackballed (and yes, he was black balled, but had he been good, someone would have signed him), so no, he's not able to do it after sitting out.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's not interested in playing. Why would he be when he can get paid big bucks for being woke with Disney and Nike without having to put his body on the line?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The biggest lie about Kaepernick is that he was a great qb. He's just not.

If I'm an owner, I would much rather take my chances on someone that's not a 59% completion guy, career wise.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Except he was in 2016. You obviously can’t compare 11 games games to full season straight up, but his 2016 average yards per game is within the range of what he was averaging per game in 2013 and 2014, which you said were good and great, respectively.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Assumee he didn't sign the deal he did yesterday. Patrick Mahomes could come out, called cops pigs, said he was kneeling for the anthem every game he could, and that he would spot on cops kids when he had the chance, and KC would still keep him because he's worth it.

Kapernick was not going to ever be worth the baggage that came with him. Once he made his stance, he was done.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You’d rather sign:

EJ Manuel
    Aaron Murray
    Matt Schaub
    Kellen Klemmens
    Josh McCown
    Garett Gilbert
    Mark Sanchez
    David Fales
    Matt McGloin
    TJ Yates
    Peter Pujals
    Jack Heneghan
    Austin Allen
    Alex Tanner
    Tim Boyle
    Nic Shimonek

Just to name a few QBs signed since he became an NFL free agent, over Colin Kaepernick?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He was on an NFL roster for an entire NFL season, and started 11 games, after he made his stance.

8. CardinalVol

And then he voided his contract (and I know he was going to be cut anyway). No one was ever going to sign him with what came with him.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, because you can cut them when they suck and not be labeled a racist piece of shit

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Okay.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because he's not that good, on top of the media circus/shitshow.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kaepernick owes Jim Harbaugh a lot of money

13. CardinalVol

In 17, if I can sign him without the baggage, sure, I'll do it if I need a backup or I'm a lower middle of the road team that doesn't expect playoffs and not sold on my QB.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the strangest part of the ole Kap argument. The part where it is decided he wasn't that good. He was definitely middle of the pack in the NFL when his career ended.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Washington should have signed him when they had lost all 3 of their quarterbacks for the season, if it was about winning games.

The Dooz likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

I've forgotten - what year was that?

17. CardinalVol

Also, this is Dan Snyder here. He was never signing him.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You keep saying things like this, yet you won’t address the fact that his 11 games stretch in 2o16 projects to be at or near what he did over 16 games in 2013 and 2014 which you called good and great, respectively.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, it’s worth pointing out that Harbaugh wasn’t around in 2016.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

2 seasons ago. 2018. I think.