NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think special teams will be a huge factor. Both sides are miserable this season so it could come down to who [uck fay]s up less in that portion of the game.

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Fluctuating between nervousness and confidence. I do think their youth vs. our experience in the playoffs is a big deal, especially in a road playoff game. If we come out ready to play and don’t beat ourselves, I like our chances.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Be a dolphins fan. You never experience nervousness or anxiety.

Just a deep deep sense of apathy and nihilism.

InVolNerable likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect Tennessee to run Henry over and over and over until Cincinnati breaks. I don't think it's particularly close.

But, Burrow can get going and beat anyone, he's that good.

Volsdude likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a blessing in disguise if he can't go.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, I think we all remember what happened the last time the Niners rolled into Lambeau in a divisional game with an athletic guy with a big arm who wasn’t the day one starter at QB

justingroves likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I gotta imagine Tyler Boyd has been watching film of Amendola from week 18 all week. He and Mixon are the key guys in the early going, imo.

The Bengals line is bad, and the Titans pass rush is good, so I imagine we are going to see a whole [uck fay] ton of screens and short/intermediate stuff. If they either have to back off or they let Burrow roll out and find Higgins/Chase down the field, Jenkins is gonna get absolutely torched.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There’s no one in the world happier that Henry is back than Tannehill though. He was mostly awful without him. Granted, he got sacked a bunch with or without him. We can talk about that awful Bengals pass protection, but the Titans haven’t been much better. If the Bengals even marginally slow down Henry, the Titans are in trouble.

That’s a big if, but I definitely don’t subscribe to this sentiment that a lot of people around here seem to have that this is a great matchup for the Titans. Henry is coming off a tough injury for a RB, so it can go a lot of ways.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It will be 11 degreses and will feel like 0 at kickoff in Green Bay.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Does Ponder from thr nfl show annoy anybody else? I also don't care for the skin being the same color as the hair

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Football weather

CardinalVol likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Funny how little of football is actually played on such weather.

But yeah, hittin' weather.

NashVol11 and justingroves like this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You switch to NYY's team or something?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ponder is one of those women that is getting better with age, and that’s from a dude that always thought she was hot anyway.

Christian hit the damned jackpot

lylsmorr likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Burrow has to be damn near perfect for Cincinnati to win.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Titans have looked good to great at times but absolutely awful at others. Not sure which team we will see today.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If they can’t cover the slot better than they did against Danny Amendola a couple weeks ago, Boyd is about to go nuclear

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You have to help on Chase so slot or Tee will have room

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Henry is going to have 40 carries

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can see it, but man, it’s bold if you are gonna put a guy coming off a Jones out there for 40 in the divisional round.

I think Henry is going to have a good but not spectacular day and Brown is gonna go off

Other side, Boyd will be steady good, Chase will get loose once, Burrow probably just makes one or two more mistakes than Tannehill and the Titans win by a TD in a game that goes comfortably over