NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Falcons not hiring a washed up, uncaring Belichick is the only moment of lucid thinking they've done in the last decade.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That argument goes out the window when you turn around and hire an objectively much worse coach lol

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bo Nix? Bo Nix???

Hahahahah

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[uck fay], I wanted Mitchell and thought we had a chance when he was dropping. At this point, I kind of just don't want Cooper DeJean. Bunch of other good options at #25 now.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[uck fay] off, Detroit. Jumping us by one spot to steal a CB from us.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Congratulations to the Atlanta Falcons for your continued success at not Drafting SEC talent. This time you went as far away from the SEC that you could get.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Why does that matter? Bijan went to Texas and is better than Kyle Pitts from the big bad SEC

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The inefficiency of getting Cousins for 4 years and then drafting a QB in the first round is breathtaking.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Atlanta turf and Penix’s knees ain’t a good fit

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Depends on your perspective. If winning a Super Bowl is your goal, sure. But then signing Cousins at all makes no sense if a Super Bowl is what you want. He can’t get you there but he can keep you good enough not to have a pick where you can get the next franchise quarterback.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then why spend a first round pick on a QB you know isn't your next franchise QB?

EDIT: oh wait, I see what you are saying. Maybe.

13. HCKevinSteele

Simply put, I’m saying if we assume there is at least a reasonable measure of sound logic in the Falcons decisions, then it is self evident that their goal is not to be the best team they can be. Which isn’t scandalous at all, it’s true of a lot of teams in sports. They’ll get more press and attention and fan engagement with this approach than tanking for the next star while starting Jarret Stidham or Kenny Pickett or the like.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand what you are saying now. I hate tanking. I think spending a first round pick on a player that can't see the field at the same time as the biggest piece of your salary cap is a mistake, but I understand that there is some in-between strategy that they must be following.

15. HCKevinSteele

Ultimately it’s probably for the best. If the Falcons legit tanked they’d probably use their first overall pick two years in a row on the equivalent of Blake Bortles and Leonard Fournette.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The sure thing franchise #1 pick QB is pretty damn rare anyway, seems like.

17. HCKevinSteele

Yep that’s part of why it’s kind of hard for me to blame GM’s for just throwing shit at the wall. Does Bo Nix at 12 seem completely insane? Sure. But it seems nobody can reliably predict who will pan out and who won’t so might as well shoot your shot if you like a guy.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Fernando Torres announcing draft picks?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton the next Brady

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tom or Wayne?