Ole Miss 2-27

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Feb 27, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Admiral was planted for about half a second. Didn't see that in real time.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That looked to be the case at this point last season as well.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It’s hard to read this, but I don’t know enough to refute, or even argue it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's kind of how I feel as well. It will have to be something I am sure I am seeing in real time. If you need a basket, don't get caught in a trap and expect a whistle.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

OTOH you could just say clutch play by Admiral

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's still time to pull way back on strenuous stuff in practice. It should be shooting, whiteboard discussions, and games at this point I would think.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That dude had a lot to do with why we were trailing with 30 seconds left too, though.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

And yet they've lost 3 games, 2 in overtime, none at home (yet). There's only one game they haven't met the level of competition. Playing down is fair, not playing up could be said of any team in the country if true of this one.

OneForVol and InVolNerable like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’ve never seen a team with its head on straighter. You can’t convince me that a Schofield led team lacks heart

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lot of teams look like that right now, especially on the road

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I feel like Kentucky is going to clobber us, but the road is tough in college hoops. TBA better be jumpin, though I doubt it’ll be the environment it should be.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I doubt it too. I feel as though our fans are starting to take this team for granted. They think 25-3 is going to be the new norm just because we’re going to have more “stars” coming into this program in the years to come. The reality is, it’s hard to win this many games no matter how much talent you have. The results that this team has generated won’t be easy for future UT teams to reproduce.

Ssmiff and OneForVol like this.
  13. Ssmiff

just fyi according to Barnes, Alexander hardly practiced this week due to sick and they have backed off hard practices

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah just saw that... That’s how NBA teams do it.

15. Ssmiff

still think we played pretty good D. Some lapses like all teams but held them to 40% for the game. Shot 52% ourselves. Overcoming -18 pt differential on 3's is pretty tough

IP likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

I had the same concern until he mentioned it postgame

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Legend

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Being in the Pavilion tonight, the meltdown from Ole Miss fans on the charge and then the ensuing no more time on the clock was awesome.

Ole Miss fans, despite being called a sellout, left a lot of empty seats in the arena. (Wonder if it was due to the events of last weekend).... Was not impressed with the crowd at all. Student section looked a little rowdy at times, especially late, but overall, it was not a fun atmosphere compared to others I have been too.

Unimane and Tenacious D like this.
  19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Their gym looks like a shit hole college arena / above average JuCO arena.

justingroves likes this.
  20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I didn't think it was that bad. It was easy to get in and out. Seats were a little tight. Concession prices were on the cheaper side. It is on the small size, but about right for what they need.

After being at TBA or even FedEx Forum earlier this year, its certainly a lot different.

Tenacious D likes this.