Ole Miss Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 10, 2021.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Getting the feeling the stadium will approach OU levels if we get a good start.

Maybe Ole Miss is worn out from the past two weeks while we're peaking?

Orange shades are on, boys.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Expecting to lose.. but hopefully it stays close. Want to see a rowdy stadium rather than going down 21-0 in the first and waste a good night game.

justingroves likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We're gonna score some points and put on a show. We won't get embarassed.

justingroves likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My 9 year old is reserved, my 7 year old is the shit talker. He didn't want to wear his braves little league baseball hat because it had an Alabama A. That's when I taught him the difference

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee gets up two scores quick, the stadium will be shaking

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Clone wants to go bad.

justingroves likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not that it matters, but apparently there's a #CheckerNeyland movement. Call me a scrooge, but I will be wearing orange regardless of where my seat is. I would rather be amongst a sea of orange on campus all day. Just feels normal to me. 50k folks wearing white doesn't look right to me. Pointless, silly gripe from me, I know.

IP and justingroves like this.
  8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ok Boomer

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Checker Neyland is awesome to see but it's forever linked to Butch kicking a field goal against Oklahoma instead of going for it on 4th and inches. That playcall still makes me violently angry

Volgrad98, IP and VolDad like this.
  10. CardinalVol

Tickets purchased.

I got chairback. That's more important that closeness at this point of the game.

SetVol13, zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The only checker Neyland I saw in person was 2014 Florida, which may be the worst football game I’ve seen live.

That said…

(1) it’s a fan thing, not a Butch thing
    (2) IIRC, we also did it for 2016 Florida

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Amen, brother. 15" of bleacher seat doesn't appeal to me any more.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Aisle seat so I can at least stretch out at least one of my legs is my go to.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of all the new gimmicks/traditions that has come up the last 20 years, Checker Neyland is the one I absolutely love.

Just don't do it for UGA.

15. CardinalVol

Oklahoma 2015.

I wore gray.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm getting the growing urge to get tickets for this weekend

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My mom found a photo of me in a 360 view photo of that game. I was in Orange and looking nervous as hell in the photo. I probably chewed my fingernails down to the skin

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's between the 4th Quarter of that game and the 2015 UF game in the Swamp where 4th and 12 to end the game on their 30 yard line somehow turned into a game winning 70 yard untouched touchdown as the angriest I've ever been watching the Vols. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me in both instances.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My first fit of anger was the 1996 Memphis game. My 2nd was the 2000 Gaffney "catch". My 3rd was the 2001 Hobbnail Boot. My 4th was Clausen's fumble returned 92 yards for a UGA touchdown. My 5th was announcing [ddiapos] as head coach. My 6th was the 2015 Oklahoma game.

The 2014 and 2015 UF games just made me want to hit the Powerball so I could hand deliver Butch's buyout.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I was watching that game with @LaneTrain and @JohnnyQuickkick. I think I was dead silent, laughed, then left. Or was that 2016...the pain all muddles together