Ole Miss Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 10, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was 40 feet from that play. I never saw the run back past the 30 because I turned my back on the field and you could hear the air go out of the stadium as this giant roar came up from the UGA fan section. The first game I left early, ever.

justingroves likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. That was the first time I've ever walked out of Neyland at halftime.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good times.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If Heupel can engineer a good 15 play script and they can jump out to an early lead Neyland will come alive in a way that it has only a couple times in the past decade.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can just about guarantee that he’ll write one up. Hopefully they’ll execute it

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The main thing that worries me is how we’ll cope with somebody who decides to just bring a bunch of heat at the QB early and often.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Ole Miss doesn't do this, Bama and UGA will.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Been a long time since you could actually feel the noise in Neyland. I love the memories of going to big games in Neyland as kid and seeing even the 90 year old ladies with oxygen tanks using all their energy just to stand up and holler before a big play. Few things are as beautiful as being apart of 100k people- all united and glowing in Tennessee orange-rising to their feet with the smell of Jack Daniels permeating the air as thousands above you simultaneously stomp their feet on the aluminum floors of the upper deck. It's a religious experience.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If Heupel is prepared for it I'm not sure Bama is good enough this year to do it and have success. UGA is a whole other animal.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

we will get expectations calibrated Saturday.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In 2006, I watched an elderly lady, with a hand knitted orange and white sweater vest, stand up and yell "[uck fay] you Alabama" as they cheered when LaMarcus Coker was down. It started a [uck fay] you Bama chant

warhammer and ole_orange like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 2006 Cal game, you could feel the noise bearing down on you

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 04 Florida game was incredibly loud

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

99 Notre Dame was up there as well. I can remember actually being surprised that the stadium was as loud as it was that game because Notre Dame wasn't great that year. It was a night game, which helped.

justingroves likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dad took me to that game. I remember that chant very well. Emotions were tense in Neyland that day. We were a top 10 team struggling with a crummy Mike Shula Alabama team. Dad and I helped up a blacked out and depressed Alabama redneck that was literally passed out in the bushes outside of Hodges Library on our walk from the stadium. Good times.

justingroves likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Notre Dame sucks

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s personally my favorite game I’ve attended.

I was about 10 rows up on the 50. My hearing will never be the same.

justingroves likes this.
  18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Checker Neyland is officially on….

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And Peyton will be there.......

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

[uck fay]!!!!! We lose.