OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Looks like I've got a coil leak. Unit is halfway through its expected lifespan and a new coil is half the price of a new unit. I'm leaning towards biting the strap and just replacing the whole unit. Fortunately its still cooling, just losing about a pound of refrigerant a week.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bet I’m saving 25% on my bill with my new units.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

ours was completely shot. Was 15 years old and the condenser cooling fan seized up on it. This new one (an Amana) is quiet and blows out freeze cold air.

I am just sitting here, smiling.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I had a new unit put in on the 15th. My old unit was 16 years old. They could have fixed it, but I didn't want to put hundreds of dollars towards a unit that old. Even though my old unit cooled, it's crazy how different it is with the new unit.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nobody here wants to hear about your unit

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pics sent.

You'll have to zoom in.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So how long until we find out that the building in Miami collapsed because it was built on a wetland and the concrete was mixed with saltwater, because [uck fay] regulation?

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I read where FIU researchers said it had been sinking since 1990.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Reading a little more, the sinking is apparently unlikely to have been the primary cause of the collapse.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's going to be something wild and dumb.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In before "buildings don't fall like that normally, and salt water doesn't melt steel."

emainvol likes this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

What I’ve seen so far is “if there were that many dead people inside, cadaver dogs would be going apeshit” and “how have they only found 10 injured people and 1 dead one so far?”

It’s really amazing how literally everything is a conspiracy now

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here we go:

Now, imagine if instead of this being a matter of insufficient regulation, it was a terrorist attack that had killed all these people. Imagine if one reacted to hearing "insufficient regulation" the same way one reacted to hearing of a new terrorist group. Imagine if people resisted taking action against a terrorist group because it would be inconvenient. We need villains, and don't interpret threats properly when there isn't one.

Daddy Gee and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not trying to get you to spend money, but if you replace the whole thing you're usually getting a 5 year parts warranty

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

GOAT gender reveal

Ssmiff and VolDad like this.
  16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well some POS thief tried to withdraw 1,300.00 out of my checking acct this morning. Thank goodness it got blocked by my bank. I really hate thieves, they should be kneecapped when caught. Yes, even little kids when they steal candy. (not really but you know what I mean)

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Subtle "I'm rich" post.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I had someone hit one of my accounts with an almost $6k ACH transfer that the bank didn't catch. They credited it back as soon as I went through the fraud claim process, but I had to go through the hassle of closing the account and rearranging some things.

They crazy thing is that this particular account rarely had a large sum of money in it, but just happened to for a few days before I made a large purchase and then that happened. The bank thinks that whoever did it was likely monitoring the account balance waiting for it to hit a certain amount before doing anything.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Can’t hide money on the 8th.

VolDad and CardinalVol like this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I just wish I knew where and how they got they my info.