OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Crazy. Public libraries have to be the best ROI for communities.

justingroves likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

When I was in, one of our 1st Sgts hit his 20 years and punched out. Told the folks close to him he was going to just go grow his hair out and smoke weed.

And at the time I thought "What a loser." And now I think "What a [dadgum] hero."

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4 more years until empty nest and move to a beach somewhere out of the US. Work at a golf course or bar. Live in a tiny place with tiny bills and walk to the water. Used to think I never could pull the trigger but as I get older and read someone else my age didn’t wake up one day, why the [uck fay] not so it.
    Why the [uck fay] not move to Montana.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Absurdly stupid. Like the ~$5k/yr even made a blip on their financial radar.

5. fl0at_

Droski is going to tell you they pay way more taxes than everyone else, so...

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Home. After we landed we took kids to meet up with wife's parents to spend a week with them. So it went......

Bozeman to Minneapolis to Nashville to Birmingham to Maryville (last 2 via car). Awoke at 3:40 mountain time and went to bed at 12:30 eastern time. 5 states. Long day.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My backyard and music choice of 80s/90s wrap today may be solely responsible for dragonflies expanding their families. I bet we have seen at least a dozen in air sex acts over my speaker

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Can't argue with that. I expect he will get his Eagle.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Day 3 of Covid, the first where I don't feel like I need to be giving funeral directives. This thing is rough

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

man sorry to hear. just curious. were you vaccinated? it was pretty much a non event for my family.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Get your rest, brother. Hope you and the family are ok.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

We both were. Went car shopping and poking around Sunday feeling fine, took a nap and were both on deaths door when we woke up. Odd how the hatch time was identical for us, must have picked it up in Asheville last week.

Today is much better, anyway. Monday I was drunk walking using walls for balance.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

interesting. feel better bro

Joseph Brant likes this.
  15. fl0at_

The newest strain is about 4x more divergent from Omicron than Omicron was to the original vaccine. Vaccine is going to be useless, and this latest variant isn't expected to have a vaccine on the market until October, which will make it too late to be effective.

I expect to get another infection between now and the fall.

Joseph Brant and droski like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

People liking your post have been hijacked by the COVID. Telling on themselves.

17. fl0at_

We missed the the first shot we had at really stopping spread. Until it settles back into a dominate strain that doesn't mutate two or three times in 6 months, we're not going to stop it. And even if it does find a more dominate strain, people aren't going to change. They aren't going to get vaccines timely, often or early.

It is what it is, at this point.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

A societal self-fulfilled prophecy.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Ba5 is more pathogenic and is going back to attacking the lungs instead of upper respiratory.

droski likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Droski prefers more pathogenic COVID. Separates out the weak.

droski likes this.