OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Guy that owned Full Service was a real piece of work, apparently.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What's the story with that? I had assumed he'd just overextended himself when he opened Lenoir City, but apparently there's more to it?

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He was taking all the credit card tips for himself, claiming that because he pays more than the 2.13 per hour servers make, they should be his.

But there was never any signage up claiming this was policy, leading the customer believe any tip the left on the receipt was for the workers.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is a high quality human being right there.

IP likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s a lot of other rumors and innuendo about holding wages and not fixing equipment, including the A/C inside one of his locations.

But he corroborated the tips thing with the KNS in an interview.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't get me wrong, I would love for America to go away from the tipping paradigm, but you have to announce it before you just up and do it.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I knew something was up when they asked me if I wanted pickles & onion on it

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, I agree, but I don’t think it’s possible at this point. I don’t make a big deal about it when we are out with friends, but I’ll try to drop some kind of hint or comment that I thought the service was good in hopes that others pick up on it and tip accordingly.

I had to explain to my parents once that the difference between 15% and 20% on their $30 bill is pretty minimal for them in the grand scheme of things but if everyone gave a 1.50 more the server could make 15 bucks more on every 10 tables.

9. CardinalVol

I tip 20% unless the service is awful, and the last two years I've been gracious in the definition of awful service.

zehr27, justingroves, VolDad and 3 others like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's how I do it. If the service is not great, I tip but don't come back

justingroves likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I usually do it to a round number on the generous side. My feelings are if a few more bucks are a problem for me I should be eating at home

12. CardinalVol

About the only thing that really eats at me now is if it takes forever for someone to come to the table when we first sit down. I get crap happens, but someone should be able to figure out no one has helped.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If I ask for a check and it takes 10 minutes to get back to me my tip will rapidly evaporate. But otherwise you'll get 18% rounded to the nearest dollar even if you [uck fay]ing suck. Just don't make it hard for me to give you money.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Same. I need to see a consistent pattern of poor service or bad food before I just flat won’t go back some place.

Also, shit like this Full Service guy is a pretty good way to not get my business anymore either.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

16. CardinalVol

Took Osovet thirteen minutes and twenty seven seconds to get a sideline warning.

Longer than i thought.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I typically will use my card to pay bill, but leave the server's tip in cash, especially if their service is good <insert OK Boomer>. Primarily to avoid such dastardly owner practices. I will also quietly let them know, so the table-clearer doesn't swipe it.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I try to always tip in cash, I eat with either 3 kids or a bunch of drunk construction workers, so they're working their ass off

Joseph Brant and Poppa T like this.
  19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My wife did waitressing while in high school and when I was in Basic. I will usually defer to her expertise as to the performance of our server. She will either nod, OK, or say give them more.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I do the same. Also try to give them cash so I know they get it all.