PAC 12. Best conference in America.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 22, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hard to disagree

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cal still sucks.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Water is wet.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd ****ing hope so.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Huh? Makes you unique. Every team in the 5 power conferences have non-conference games. I don't really care who the best conference is, I just want UTK to win football games. But don't say shit just to say it ... it's stupid.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ridiculous. Forde is a complete buffoon. How 'bout winning a National Championship this decade before you crown them?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I doubt it will happen this year either.

9. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think Mora has a outside shot.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lots of things look great on paper. Will have to prove it during the season. But overall, so what.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That just means your league is 'top-heavy'. Let's compare the #10-14 teams! Ehh? EHHH?

In all seriousness, though, SEC and PAC-12/14 are undoubtedly the top two conferences in college football. But Oregon or USC or someone will have to step up and win a Natty to cement the #1 position, imho.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If chip Kelly was still alive Oregon would do it, but they've lost too much talent on defense to overcome mediocre coaching.

Ucla probably has 6 high round draft picks in their front 7. The problem is their offensive line is just terrible and they are soft. Throwing a bunch of bubble screens isn't going to work against Alabama.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Bammer has to figure out if they're going with the freshman or the fifth year senior at QB. They still haven't named a starter either. Sparty, Auburn, and FSU will be in the mix as well.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

until someone in the conference decides to play defense, it isn't the best conference. They've had roughly 4 teams (a couple iffy) play any defense over the last decade. 3 were at SC and one at Oregon.

The Chip Kelly silliness is laughable. He had one defense and didn't win with it. Part of his leaving was about hitting his ceiling because he couldn't get any better defense.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

LSU in a similar boat. Can run the ball and will find a way to play defense. If QB can play at all, they'll be nasty because they're faster than everyone else all over the field.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Yeah they also have a freshman in Brandon Harris that is going to be really good. Both of the QBs are young though. Anthony Jennings is just a sophomore. That damn four headed monster at RB will be lethal.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Stanford's defense the last few years has been elite. The problem is their QB sucks and they run a QB centric offense.

He was one play away from winning the NC with smoke and mirrors. Oregon's talent is light years ahead of where it was when he made the NC game. It's still not at the level of an lsu or Alabama certainly, but mariotta is the best qb in America and the future #1 overall pick in the draft.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm assuming chief will continue to have stacked talent on D. If not, that will fall off quickly because he isn't scheming any team to play over its head. His conservatism will get them killed if they aren't beastly.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

oregon's talent is what? Mariotta is a QB. What does that have to do with undersized defenses getting smashed by multi-dimensional teams?

Who were the elite defenders at Stanford? The guys that keep stamping out the big trophy have NFL starters all over the defense. That won't change. Neither Stanford or Oregon has even sniffed anything like that.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yahoo! Sports is so awful, they have two different fonts in their title.

The T in "the" looks a little sketchy. Can't trust that kind of sloppy work.