PAC 12. Best conference in America.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 22, 2014.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this. I don't think Kelly was ever going to win a damn thing at Oregon.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that defense was badass. Some of it overrated, but it was a lot of badass.

3. NashVol11

C'mon, man.

We're talking about defenses that, for instance, have Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne and Honey Badger in the same secondary. And you come back with an undrafted rookie and Trent Murphy?

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the UT, AL and FL defenses that won titles were just sickening from NFL quality talent standpoint.

Meyer's UF teams were stacked, stacked and still weren't as good as the UT or AL defenses that have won it were. The LSU defense that beat AL then lost to them later was one of the best college defenses ever.

5. NashVol11

That LSU D was probably the best I've seen. When a combination of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee go undefeated in the SEC, that's a special defense.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

usc's current d has the likely #1 defensive player taken in the draft this year and unquestionably 5 or 6 other nfl players. they literally cannot have any more major injuries though.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

skov had a terrible injury. otherwise he's a first day draft pick. and I'm not suggesting the d's are equivalent at all. the qb situation in the sec is garbage this year, or at best unknown. that has a leveling factor to it.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he got within a play of winning a nc with a FAR less talented team that Oregon had this or last year.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No way, man.

The teams that keep beating the shit out of us are way better than the teams that keep beating the shit out of you.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I laughed, I cried.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe there were 48 future nfl players combined when Alabama played LSU that year

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Still think Tennessee/Miami in 2001 may have set some kind of record.

13. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

2002. I wish we played Miami in 2001 since it would have been in the Rose Bowl.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Which is why it's pretty silly to act that's par for the course for the sec. We've already shown that per team the PAC 12 is on the same level as the sec for draft picks over the past 5 years. Difference is the PAC 12 produces different players than the sec does. I do tend to agree with bpv that it's hard to win championships without nfl talent on the dline though.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're not winning anything important without nfl talent on the defensive line.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The PAC 12 has the same talent at the skilled positions, but the SEC dominates the front seven.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I meant if we had played in 2001.