POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now imagine you have a friend or have family that has been deported, "taken out of this country," and they had nothing to do with a gang or criminal violation.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Then imagine I could read in context and realize that the President wasn't talking about them.

And then I realized that, fair or not, they were here, wait for it......illegally, and knew the whole time that being "taken out of the country" was possible.

Or, heaven forbid, I know someone that has loved ones and family trying to go about the immigration process the right way and can't get in.

As I have said many times, I'm 100% for revisiting immigration, liberalizing work visas, letting those that have been here for a long time to remain here and pay some sort of fine, and making it easier for the "good" people to be here and the "bad" people (in case anyone can't connect the terms, MS-13 types) out.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I 100% get where you are coming from, but I hope you can see that these comments are not in support of ms-13.

By the way, what was your take on Obama's "you didn't build that" comments?

4. CardinalVol

That it was a really stupid comment in the middle of a statement that on face value I agree with.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Trump was referring only to ms-13, I think that's exactly the situation for me here.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

It’s just like the Obama statement IP asked about.

People need to misconstrue statements to confirm their beliefs.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sure, except that ship is sinking in the way that all your other Trump based conspiracies went. I'm sure you really believe the FBI was so hell bent, for whatever reason in mid-2016, to destroy Trump that they planted an agent in his campaign to cause chaos, as was done under Hoover to the Black Panthers. However, the fact that the Trump campaign was hiring guys with sketchy connections to the Russian government and spy agencies brought investigators to the matter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/...e-trump-russia-fbi-mueller-investigation.html

Good luck with this latest attempt at distraction by Trump as he, once again, irresponsibly tries to undermine institutions for his own benefit. It's fitting the National Enquirer is doing his bidding since that's how he operates in terms of truth. Unfortunately, as president, he wields significantly more influence than a tabloid rag in the check out line at Kroger's.

8. Unimane

I've come across a lot of gang members and some kids in MS-13 and I have to agree with most of these perspectives. Some of these guys are real dirt bags, but some are just confused kids or those looking for acceptance. It's not a cut and dry identity or behavior just because they get an MS-13 membership card.

Dare I say there are "some very fine people" within those gangs?

So, no, I don't think calling them "animals", in a sweeping generalization, is appropriate. It's dangerous to dehumanize people in such a manner, even if the group engages in some horrible activities. There have been, and will be, plenty of people from these gangs, including MS-13, who will wise up and leave, becoming productive members of society. Trump just said their lives aren't worth shit and less than human. It's not productive.

Of course, Trump doesn't care and doesn't care to find out.

9. Unimane

Except they aren't.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You’re kidding right? When you JOIN IN WITH the group that is practicing might makes right, and that group loses, the winners changing your landscape is not itself a form of “might makes right,” but is instead called simply: justice.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I’m not citing a single authority, I’m citing a multitude of authorities; a multitude that have worked for limited, but still valid, global improvement.

So where does a single entity come in? Last, Uni. Last.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think their reasoning was simply "might makes right?" Where do you think palestinians came from?

13. Unimane

Not really, you're joining with a group, out of necessity, that advocates for your own self-determination. They weren't out conquering foreign lands, they were there to defend their rights to the place where they already lived. Somehow, you feel that this sort of basic, fundamental aspect for a group of people is invalid because they choose poorly in who helped them defend this right.

14. OrangeEmpire

I’ve come across a lot to and I think I agree with you.

It’s no different than a street or biker gang, the gang provides purpose and a means to escape awful living conditions.

Are tgeee animals, sure, the enforcers are absolutely inhuman. Visit a body dumping ground and you’ll have zero problem calling them animals.

IP likes this.
  15. Unimane

So, which authorities are valid here? The ones that support the persistent state of humanitarian crisis and essential apartheid state of Gaza? They only seem to support whatever Israel wants to do, in your rendering. The right of return has been a part of this multitude of authorities, as well.

16. CardinalVol

Don't disagree. There are also some absolute horrible, evil people in there. That's what they are known for and associating yourself with them is going to give you that title as well. You associate with something, a stigma comes with it.

IP likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

As if they had other options

18. Unimane

Now, I don't much care if he knows or not. However, I find this lack of knowledge exceptionally interesting in light of the push back towards Bush-era abstinence only education in schools.

19. OrangeEmpire

Cue Leslie Knope

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure I believe Bill on this one.