POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Yes we Canseco" is a great tag line.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Makes sense, but seems like the bipartisan support is in his face here. He needs to figure it out

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How about in lieu of a wall we just have Trump stand at the border and yell at people crossing.

RockyHill likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This idea has legs......

JayVols likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Do those legs have track marks?

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only on the ass, only on the ass......

JayVols likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

McGwire also already has practice talking to Congress.

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

YES!

Should we consider Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds ( minority hires) as staff for the Bash Bros Advisory Council?

We could throw in Roger Clemens to balance it out a bit.

On second thought, Sosa probably wouldn't fly. Despite his curiously lighter skin, he's from the Dominican Republic. He's probably on some snatch & grab deportation list. Speaking of, the name Jose might be a bit ...ummmm... troublesome let's say. It sounds all shithole country-y, ya know...

10. JayVols

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would it not be Trumps word against Cohen's word on if he directed him to make those payments and use campaign funds? I haven't followed this very closely.

12. NorrisAlan

I believe there is a tape that has already surfaced with Trump instructing Cohen to pay off the people in the standard way. Also, I imagine there is a paper trail, and Cohen would have that paper trail.

Always follow the money.

JayVols likes this.
  13. JayVols

AMI & David Pecker are corroborating Cohen's story.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think the tape said to pay them off using campaign funds. I could be wrong though.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That Trump said to use campaign funds?

16. NorrisAlan

You don't have to use funds from your campaign. That is the rub. It would be considered an illegal contribution to pay them off, even with your money, as it was done explicitly to protect the campaign efforts.

I believe this is the crux of it.

JayVols likes this.
  17. JayVols

It is an "in kind" corporate contribution to the campaign & subject to campaign finance law. Both Cohen & Pecker are saying Trump ordered the payment be made to prevent the stories from becoming public before the election. That's the damning part that blows up Trump's defense that he was doing it as a civil matter to spare his family which was John Edward's defense. The timing of the payouts plus 2 corroborating sources who have been long-time Trump allies blows that excuse out of the water. That's why Trump is now claiming ignorance of the law as a defense & placing blame on Cohen. The defense now is that a lawyer should have known better. And this is after Trump's denial of there ever being affairs, followed by denying there ever was a payoff, followed by Trump having no knowledge of the payoff. We publicly know of tapes indicating Trump knew & 2 former close associates whose stories support each other.

Know what a good indication that a person isn't lying is? Their story is consistent. Trump's story has changed multiple times.

It has long been rumored that Pecker has safe full of stuff he's buried for Trump. That's only a rumor as far as I know, but if true and with Pecker & AMI cooperating, this is just the tip of the shitstorm iceberg.

The president has been implicated in the commission of felonies by SDNY. As Napolitano said, they can't say what they've said in official court filings without proof and intentions of acting on the allegations.

18. JayVols

It took way too long, but kudos to the US Senate. All 100 members voted in favor of implementing new Congressional sexual harassment rules. Any member of Congress who is guilty of sexual harassment will be required to pay damages out of their own pockets, not campaign or taxpayer money (looking at you Blake Farenthold). Now it's up to the House where there is broad support for the bill.

A big thank you to ALL Senators on this.

The Dooz, Unimane and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not necessarily. There is also the enquirer’s words and documents. Also Cohen tapes. Notes help. Possible emails but doubtful.

But as you say, with what we know today, you could possibly impeach but it would be tough to vote for removal IMO.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't see it holding up in a court of law especially with one witness just getting convicted of crimes completely separate from Trump. I think Cohen is a shit witness and will be torn to pieces in a court room. Thats just my guess and like I said I haven't followed this much and I am far from a law expert.