President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is an admitted fact they had contact. They have to say "improper," which is apparently subjective.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

5. JayVols

Color me shocked an internal investigation turned up nothing.

Kislyak- Russian word meaning "I don't remember"

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No-one is charging Trump, and certainly am not backing charging Trump.

In your hypothetical, you stated he talked to and asked of, as if it were common knowledge, and a statement of fact.

The crime is not in the request, it is if any actions were taken to suppress or cover up that request, after Trump took office, and before it becomes common knowledge. Because it is an attempt to cover up, or utilization of government resources to cover up or abandon a legitimate government inquiry.

That would be the crime. As I cannot order Justice, FBI, or the CIA to back off honest inquiries related to national security, I cannot be charged with such a crime.

It isn't the phone call. It isn't even what might have been done. It's what has been done after being sworn in, that relates to the phone call or what has been done.

Again, as it relates to your hypothetical, not as it relates to real life.

So, asked and answered. And explained.

7. fl0at_

I mean, unless you really believe getting a **** job from a chubby chick is a crime, you should be able to realize the difference between the initial action and all the actions that follow the initial.

8. JayVols

I support your call, as well as Trump's, to fully investigate Schumer's Russian ties.

You and Trump support the calls to investigate Trump's?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

x1000

10. JayVols

There's nothing wrong with talking to Russian govt officials. That's why covering them up seems so odd.....

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This discussion to date has been "If Trump met with Putin and asked him to torpedo HRC" what crime did he commit. To which you responded about a Nixon type coverup.

The original point still stands, a meeting with Putin is not a crime.

Now lets go with your new angle. What do you have that leads you to allege a coverup.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have stated several times in the thread; I have no problem with an investigation of Trump.

I will ask you the question that nobody wants to answer. If it turns out that Trump asked Putin to torpedo HRC; then what happens?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are right. The meetings have been covered up. That is why you have posted 20+ articles discussing the meetings.

14. JayVols

-Alexander Hamilton
    Federalist, no 65

*emphasis mine

15. JayVols

ooooooook.....

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Doesn't abuse an violation of public trust only apply to public servants and elected officials? Up until his inauguration he was a private citizens with the same rights as you and I to talk with Putin.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Well they are not covered up if everyone is discussing them.

18. fl0at_

Again, in your hypothetical, it is common knowledge he met with, or spoke to.

Thus in your hypothetical, the reasons to consider a coverup would be his repeated statements to date saying he has not talked with Russia, re: campaign stuff.

19. JayVols

-Alexander Hamilton
    Federalist, no 68

*emphasis mine

20. JayVols

Let's discuss Watergate. Obviously no cover up because of all those Woodward and Bernstein articles.