Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's exactly what I was thinking. Would have taken his head off.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Can someone explain the stages aspect to NASCAR races now? Watched from the restart to about lap 250, just don't understand it.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Basically an arbitrary caution to bunch the field back up at predetermined points in the race. The top 10 at the end of each segment are awarded points with the hopes that it will improve the competition throughout the race.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Did you go this year? One hell of a race. Glad to see Sato win.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think this is her last season and I think she's known it for a while. Obviously, the only reason she was in a cup car was to get easy sponsorship $$$. That's slowly drying up, so no reason to keep her in that seat. I'll be interested to see if they keep the 10 car or drop down to a three car team.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I could not see why Danica got to keep her ride this year.

Congrats to Ryan Blaney for a well deserved win today. Kyle Bush all but wrecked him twice, and Harvick gave him all the pressure he could, but he never faltered. Showed much maturity and cool nerves. Gained a ton of respect.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He is exceptionally talented. Hope he stays with Wood/Penske and doesn't go to the 88 car, but that rumor is out there.

Also loved seeing the 43/21 together on the cool down lap. I don't think Wallace is a very good driver (yet), but the only black driver, born in North Carolina, driving the 43 and having success is just the type of feel-good story NASCAR really needs.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would like to see him stay with the Wood Bros., but they may have a problem matching HMS $.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretty incredible F1 race this morning.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Been a while since I've seen an F1 race that good.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Brickyard 400, billed as second most important race to win several times during broadcast. Looked to be well under 25% full. Race not that bad, except for inability of supposedly some of best drivers in the world to restart a race without wrecking each other.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Josef Newgarden is going to win A LOT of races with Penske.

I'm predicting at least 3 Indy 500s.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Folks would show up for a night race. However, not a great neighborhood at night, as Dario and Dixon learned earlier this year.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Harvick is not wrong about Dale Jr.

He's also not right, as Dale Jr.'S success (or lack there of) isn't the only problem.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kyle Larson is the next big thing. Kid is amazing! He is going to win a bunch of races.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I agree, and so will Ryan Blaney.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If you missed the Pocono IndyCar race you missed a great one. Power vs Newgarden was one of those battles that seems like the master barely overcoming the pupil, but Newgarden seems to be learning and absorbing so much. I really feel he could be the new Rick Mears.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I stil have no clue how Power got out so far ahead on his second to last stop.