POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the over humanizing part, I don’t believe I fall into that camp. It’s not really the act itself per se, not as if I’d try to draw a line between that and killing a person, it’s more what the act reveals to me about how your brain works. Shooting your dog and basically treating it like shooting a coyote that’s getting in your chicken coop kinda freaks me out it’s so cold.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You told me not say you were being conspiratorial.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I try not to humanize dogs, but they are members of the household in a way other animals usually are not. It isn't food. It can be a tool. Cats as well. At the end of the day it is a creature totally at your mercy and if you are choosing to injure or kill it flippantly you may do the same for a person who similarly was totally under your power.

Something is wrong with a person who can just do that.

4. HCKevinSteele

That is not even remotely conspiratorial, you just seem to struggle with calling things what they are instead of whatever the person doing it would like it to be called. And I’m not one sided at all here, I’ll call it out in both directions. Example: private equity in nursing home business. People sit in a room and make decisions knowing those decisions will literally kill people but they don’t care because they’ll get more money or a promotion out of the deal.

I think we’ve gotten to a place where things are so f**ked but nobody says out loud what’s actually happening except for people on the fringe and people like you have more faith than you shown the system so to you it sounds conspiratorial.

Nothing you’ve ever called conspiratorial that I said is remotely implausible or even probably or most likely not true.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No no no. You think there is an order or structure to everything. I don't. That's it. You think I have faith in the system? You see a bigger system than I think can possibly exist. I see chaos and natural patterns. Not human-controlled systems. Not only do I think there is no one behind the curtain pulling levers, I don't think there is a curtain or levers.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

These teenagers would probably commit less crime if they have a good family unit. Too many single mothers.

7. HCKevinSteele

You’ve got a big part of what I believe wrong. I do not believe there is an order or structure in the sense that you mean. I am probably guilty at times of not going into enough depth about what I mean or who specifically may be behind something or a particular set of interests. The problem is I have little incentive to do so because there are times I could prove something with publicly available information and you’d treat it like a pizzagate take.

Can you elaborate on what you really mean in your last sentence there. Because just at face value that is a very naive perspective that shows a complete lack of seriousness. There are people behind curtains pulling levers that impact literally every aspect of our lives and society. There’s just a f**k ton of curtains and levers so if you zoom out, yeah, it looks like chaos.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean there is no overarching movement moving people like pawns, which is paraphrasing what you said. If you want to elaborate by "proving" something with publicly available information or listing like 3 examples of the [uck fay] ton of curtains and levers, that may help.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you locked the entire family up in one cell, they’d be forced to exist as a family unit. We are really underutilizing prison.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Not saying a good family unit (2 parents of any gender) does not help, but IIRC, we were blaming single mothers in the early 80's for teenage crime on the one hand, then stereotyping/berating them as "welfare queens" on the other.

My take away after years of watching things, is we (collective) don't really care. We would rather argue and blame (the system, the individual, the political party) and say "you are wrong" than work on a solution together.

IP likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t know if I humanize dogs or not but I name them human names and dogs are better beings than people. Maybe humans should be doganized

VolDad likes this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

“Overarching”? That is not remotely what I said. We were talking about soft treatment of habitual criminals in large democrat controlled cities. So no, that is not at all paraphrasing what I said.

Ok, here’s one for you. Illegal immigration at the US southern border and mass immigration into other English speaking/relatively affluent nations (Canada, UK, Poland, Germany, France, etc).

It’s obviously very complicated but to believe it’s an organic trend is comically stupid. Let’s look at our southern border specifically though. Why are we allowing the unprecedented surge in illegal immigrants? Whose interests does this serve? Just for a moment please ask yourself that question. Big business / the elite more broadly. Politicians who expect to gain voters. NGOs and non profits that make money from it. Cartels that make money from it (who our government has a long history of working with). That’s not conspiratorial. Is it complicated? Of course. You can have 10 different people/groups incentivized towards the same outcome and working to pursue it, but that doesn’t mean they are operating as one evil cabal. I think that’s what you struggle with.

You can do the same thing with Covid. The pharmaceutical industry. Is it conspiratorial to believe there was perhaps a good reason so many lies were told in the media about the vaccines? The lab leak theory was covered like it was on par with believing Donald Trump traveled in time to kill JFK. I wonder why? Was it perhaps not in the interest of some pretty powerful people that the belief/possible truth that the virus escaped from a US funded lab be revealed?

I don’t pretend to have all the answers, and I don’t believe there is one group or a small number of groups behind everything that is happening. But I do believe that more often than not you can arrive at the right way to think about an issue if you think about the possible incentives that can drive action and that generally “the purpose of a system is what it does” is a sound way to think about things.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are out of space silly

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is insane and in no way "proof," or even evidence. You just listed two conspiracy theories. Is this a bit?

15. HCKevinSteele

That was more about a way of thinking. But please, what did I say, specifically, that you believe is a conspiracy theory?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Textbook tackle at Emory here. Don't need to let UGA beat us to this guy. -

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The immigration stuff and the "they covered the lab leak theory like JFK's assassination" stuff. All of that. You can't substantiate the immigration thing, it is something obviously, demonstrably untrue like the flat earth. You can't prove there was a lab leak or that there was anything other than conspiratorial bullshit surrounding whether it was one or not because people want so badly for there to be a person with intent of malice to blame. You know, like what you do over and over.

And the vaccine information stuff is also bullshit. There was a whole cliche conversation about WHICH VACCINE to get because of the VARYING EFFICACY for the original strain before they even came out. We knew it wasn't 100% effective then. And hardly any vaccine is. The idiotic "they said it was 100% effective" thing came later as efficacy against newer strains decreased and it became clear that getting below 1 R0 was going to be tough. There's no conspiracy, just a lot of people are child-like in how they think the world must work. Like there are rules to how a novel virus must mutate.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's assault, but we have different tiers of justice.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nah, when you are asked to leave and want to be a little shit about it, you've forfeited that defense.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Defense? No defense. They're trespassing. And then this police officer chose to assault this person instead of arrest this person. It is clear escalation.