Religion Royal Rumble2023

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by zehr27, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes. There are a couple in here extraordinarily offended quite easily.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

point is you’d never say that to them

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t want to hear it. You are offended everytime someone in your stupid ass political party is questioned

PilotFlyingJ and ole_orange like this.
  4. Unimane

I argue a lot. I don't claim victimization the way you guys do incessantly.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sure I would in this environment. We just don't have any on this forum, as far as I know.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Pot meet kettle. The most easily offended amongst us speaks out against being offended easily.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Assuming God is all knowing and all powerful, why does he not prevent bad people from doing horrible things to innocent people? Why does he sit idly by and watch Columbine, Sandy Hook, Robb Elementary, etc. happen when, assuming he exists, he could 100% stop them without infringing on anyone's free will?

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why does God not provide food for people that are starving? Does he want them to starve or just not care?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll play now that this is in a contained thread. If life is supposed to suck and the next life is paradise, why do Christians mourn at all?

SetVol13 likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or pray for their loved ones to be healed/cured. Seems you'd want you and yours to get to the promised land as quickly as possible.

11. Unimane

I've always wondered why death is the absolute line for any sort of salvation. With a God of forgiveness, why is it that you can't be confronted with the truth after death and repent or whatever? Could it be because the racket of organized religion is done by then and they aren't able to assert control over your life if you are allowed to change your spiritual direction after death?

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Disclaimer: I am ignorant and naive in the ways of the religious debate relative to who wins/loses said debate; who is right/wrong; who is gonna go to heaven/hell; who is gonna come back as a bug or elephant; who is gonna be a God over their own personal planet; who is gonna lounge with virgins; etc.

The short version is ... this post is just my observations/perceptions and is not presented as an attempt or invitation to argue, castigate, belittle, berate or troll.

I do believe that the persecution of the Christian faith by the Romans, Jewish leaders, moneychangers was driven by their fear of the growing power base that Jesus inspired. I do believe Jesus and those like him in other belief systems over the eons were trying to get Man to shift the paradigm to what is more good, tolerant, and benevolent treatment of one another.

Man has bastardized/used religion as a means to control the masses and/or retain power over other ... belief systems; political groups; races; genders; sexual preferences; sexual identites; countries; etc.

Even today, Man continues this practice of control via religion and bastardizes it to retain their individual/collective power and/or justify their hateful/bigoted/selfish actions. Rarely will debate or logic get them to agree and consider changing.

I try to do what is right and good. I try to treat others as I want to be treated. I try to lead by example. I ain't afraid to try to whip a man's azz if unavoidable. I don't always succeed. I do not worry about my personal death.

SetVol13 likes this.