Retirement: What's your number?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Dec 20, 2016.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What do you mean?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I will. They aren't worth the money.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know. Why?

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Laughed.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

nor is anything else you piss it away in or on, but you still spend it.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I would spend every penny of every paycheck on my kid, soon to be kids, if need be and love every minute of it.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same, and would not think twice about doing so.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i get that and agree, but I also see the other sentiment. The other sentiment places way too high of a value on money. It's a sad approach to life IMO.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

We're going through 3 gallons of milk a week here

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We're running between 6 to 8 gallons a week. Thank good for weigels.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Worry about all of the toys and material things and then they have way more fun with the Amazon box that their stuff came in than the toys.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No it doesn't and no it isn't. I'm legitimately happy for anybody who has kids, and love my niece and nephew. But right now I'm enjoying my wife and things we (can) do.

Anything else is just in jest.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is strange to say but I can't remember the four years I was married before kids. Like nothing. Have no idea what we did with all that time or money. I should have saved like a bazillion dollars then. Didn't, of course.

I am sort of scared to death of retirement. I have this fear I'm going to Bear Bryant myself. Quit my job, then die a month later. This is a real fear I have.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Happens a fair amount amongst the leadership in my company. Concerning to me.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Never retire, live forever. Fail proof plan.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed. You never hear people on their death beds say "I wish I'd made more money."

I don't have a retirement number specified yet. I want comfort and peace...would love to put kids and grandkids in a position to live free of financial stress.

We're fortunate today. House and cars are paid off, don't have a penny of debt. Another 30 years to retirement, but putting as much as away now as possible.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sometimes I get bored during long weekends. But I'm one of those weird guys who really loves what I do. I can't think too much about retirement. It's 35 years away, and I'd probably want to kill myself.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm similar. I look forward to a day off, but get bored with it when I have them. Don't know if it's that I love my work, necessarily...just can't stand to feel unproductive.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Being unproductive makes me depressed. My wife thinks I am going to be the most miserable retiree ever.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Get a retail job stocking shelves or something. Everyone at Lowes here is probably retired.