RIP Pat Summitt

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Savage Orange, Jun 28, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every athlete, regardless of sport, feared and respected her.

I watched her dress a 300+ lb defensive tackle down in Gibbs for laying out of class.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

She was a big picture person that understood the little details that added up to excellence.

Good friend of mine that I went to school with (I now coach his daughter in elementary basketball ironically enough) was on the all male practice squad at UT in the late 90's. He's told me several times that she held them as much responsible for how well the team practiced as much as she did the team itself.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The accountability she demanded is misisng in a large part of today's society. We need more people like her.

4. Beechervol

Yep. And that filtered all the way down to people and positions that most either don't know about or think they are too irrelevant to matter.

5. Beechervol

Thanks for posting I haven't seen that one.

I made a blurred cameo during the early part of the video. The part where they went back to her (my) HS she is in the gym playing pig with one of her former teammates, there is a team picture on the wall to the right of the basket that I am in. That was my SR year.

I remember them shooting that video but didn't know which doc it was in. Her niece is in the background shooting, she was a FR that year.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"You can be a mental midget or a mental giant". Wow. Not many people have the stones to say that now.

Awesome.