Roger Clemens verdict: Not guilty on all six counts

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Jun 18, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Huge waste of money. Glad he was found not guilty.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Another shutout for Clemens.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm glad Congress wasted all this time on steroids in the first place so that we could all hear about this not guilty verdict years later. Try fixing the nation's debt.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Try fixing anything at all

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He still juiced. He just got away with lying about it. Kudos to his attorney. I wonder how much his defense cost.

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Does it really matter. Even if he was guilty, who cares or what changes?

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I won't really care about baseball until Pete Rose gets in the hall!

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Gee, didn't see all this anti-government sentiment when Bonds was being tried. Wonder why that was?

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Are you talking about the discussion here or within the media?

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm rarely one to take the bait on race issues or even agree with them very often. But you're definitely on to something here. Both of these guys are the two biggest pricks in MLB from the previous 20 years. One is heralded during his decision and one is still chided over his. Hard not to think that there is some racial biases going on. It's either that or a West Coast bias.

In a somewhat relative story, I played golf with Roger Clemens one time when he was in town when his son was around. Was the least enjoyable 18 holes I've ever played. He's a world class [Penis]. But he can hit the shit out of a golf ball.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

In my opinion, it's because everyone on the planet knew Bonds was juicing because he looked like the incredible hulk when 5 years before, he was skinny. Clemens just never looked like a guy that was on roids. So, I bought it for a while, but I think there's no doubt he's just as guilty as Bonds. But, in the end, it was a complete waste of time to prosecute either of them, and the only reason Clemens was prosecuted is simply because Bonds was, and the government knew they had no choice.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

....and Clemens is a much bigger [penis] than Bonds is.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bonds does have a couple of records some folks consider somewhat sacred and the perception that he tarnished those didn't help him. But... Big Mac caught less shit when he broke the record.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is it because he's white or less of a [penis] than Bonds?

I do think race plays a big part in this, but Bonds was one of the first "big name" guys in the steroid deal. People are just tired of hearing about it now. Both are [uck fay]ing ignorant to lie about it.

The whole steroid deal in people is so stupid anyways. If the shit's not banned by MLB, how the hell can anyone get up in arms about people using it?

Before the steroid era, it was greenies and speed. Now it's adderall.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

is that possible?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I really can't remember if Sosa was getting hell when he was chasing 61.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think steroids were as big an issue at the time. I don't remember Bonds getting as much hell when he hit 73. It was in the coming years he got killed.

I do think Bonds got treated extremely unfairly. He was made the scapegoat of the entire steroid era. Maybe race did play a factor with some people, but I think a lot of it has to do with him being the one chasing Ruth and Aaron. Many other guys got criticism when it because public that they used steroids, but I think people lost interest because it was easier to focus on the one guy going after one of the most sacred records in sports.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012