Ron Brown, Anti-Gay Coach

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Apr 26, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is the point of doing that?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Certain parts are meant to be taken for what they are and certain parts are meant to be taken as symbolic. For the most part, it's pretty easy to tell the difference.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would it have been better to say talking donkeys? You believe someone was the son of God. That's far more amazing and shocking than a "dragon."

Is this a belief self-esteem issue?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm pretty sure it is widely accepted that these people are wrong.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well in that case we better burn this [uck fay]er down and start a new forum.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Since when? What point in the 2000 year history of Christianity did folks start getting it right?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Among whom? Last I checked, there are over a dozen major denominations of Christianity with wildly different interpretations. Your point of view on how to interpret the Bible is just one of many through time.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why is it so hard to believe that God could manifest himself in a human form as his "son." The trinity is 3 distinct beings that are also one in the same. If they are all a part of an all-powerful God, why is that so hard to believe?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who?

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Slow-twitched as all hell.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was, prior to your arrival, an issue of Unimane's hypocrisy in presenting Christians as holding themselves in higher regard than others while simultaneously mocking their religion. You have successfully rerouted the thread onto your favorite topic: is the Bible stupid?

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Solid post Indy.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not sure you're breaking any new ground here, IP. People can argue details, but at the end of the day, Christianity revolves around God's son dying for everyone's sins.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is the problem with religion. There are people leaving this earth everyday without hearing what God's love did for them. The churches in America are arguing over dragons, baptistries and music.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

To me, though biased, it looked like more was assumed because of the poster's name than was actually said.

It's no secret I don't respect for any organized religion. I don't harbor any disrespect towards individuals of faith even though I think they're not applying reason in their belief system like they do to the rest of their existence.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm relaying to you what I was taught growing up as a Catholic (or at least what I can remember of it). Since Catholicism is by far the largest branch of Christianity (numbers wise), I'd say it's a pretty common view on how to interpret the Bible.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When you don't believe in God

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather they do that than go to isolated populations and destroy ancient traditions and beliefs to replace them with another. It's like a small town getting a Wal Mart.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You have pretty well mocked both organized and individualized religion tonight. Don't think a clarification on the lack of respect was really necessary.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm noticing a theme of "majority" meaning "right" in this thread.