Scariest Movie / Show

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 24, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It was a comic book after the series. . .

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The 2016 Presidential Election: Reality Sucks is far worse and more terrifying than any television show.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'd rather read used toilet paper.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not a fan of "scary" movies, more often than not they're just so bad and unrealistic that I can't begin to take it seriously. I usually judge a movie by how ****ed up it is rather than if it's scary or not.

Take "The 9th Gate", that's a ****ed up movie. Not scary. But definitely ****ed up.

Can't remember if it was the first or the second "The Hill Have Eyes" but I made it all of 10 minutes before changing it. Inbred mutants raping a woman is just too ****ed up for me.

I think Doz mentioned it earlier but Unsolved Mysteries terrified me as a kid. I would stay at my cousins house on the weekends a lot and his dad loved that shit, they lived in BFE and after I would watch it I would think about those people on the loose being out in the woods behind his house.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll take Buck Rogers over Star Trek

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

America First.

7. Tenacious D

I recently ran across the BTK serial killer, specifically, watching his confession on YouTube.

Unsettling, to say the least.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Has me more frustrated than any prior one. Scary as hell.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And it isn't even close. Bush Gore was atrocious, but isn't remotely close to this disaster.

If we knew a year ago what we know now of the candidates, neither would be on a ticket.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We knew plenty a year ago.

I'd kill for a straight swap to 2000 Al Gore right now, and I am not even a fan.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It probably wasn't compassion

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

This is awesome I can't believe you knew what movie I was talking about. I just watched it and laughed. It's amazing how something could basically traumatize you as a child can look so hokey now. Maybe it has something to do with being an adult and knowing about all of the real life atrocities that occur daily that has desensitized me. All I know is that scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

And I forgot to mention the TV Show Ghost Adventures. I think it's mostly a bunch of crap and I'd really like to punch Zak in the face but there's a couple of episodes that really are scary IMO. I know they can do tricks with the camera and maybe stage some of this stuff but there was a jail they visited somewhere out West that was truly unnerving. Another episode it was an abandoned hospital in California and it also was pretty unsettling. But the most unnerving place I've ever seen on this show is Bobby Mackey's Music World in Kentucky. That place conveys evil across the TV screen. If you believe in demons I think you may be able to really find them there. I was in Florence, Kentucky for a race several years ago and I had just watched Mackey's episode recently prior to going. The place was literally about 45 minutes from where we were staying and I begged my wife to go and check it out and she flat refused. I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I used to think she was entertaining, at least. Jumped the shark several years ago.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What's that?

15. Tenacious D

It's when the weak-willed feel sadness for the weak-minded.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly.