SHOCKING NEWS: Al Golden Has Been Fired

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have watched one Pac-12 game all year.

And that's one more than most Pac-12 fans, and about 225 million other Americans.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I had a PAC-12 computer when I was 11. I think Commodore made it.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

espn and their 300 mil a year clearly disagrees.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Should just merge with Mountain West. IMO

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For Saturday OCtober 17, if you add the viewings for the three top Pac 12 (not including SC/ND) national broadcast games, it doesn't equal the total of A&M/Bama, which was also eclipsed by LSU/Florida.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vols-UK will blow them all away.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For reference sake, here are the highest games by conference this year through October 17 -

Big 10 - Michigan/Mich St - 7398000
    Big 12 - OU/Texas - 4992000
    ACC - Miami/FSU - 3502000 (not counting ND as official member or that game goes to ND/Clemson)
    SEC - Bama/Ole Miss - 7605000

Pac 12 - Arizona St./Utah - 3059000 -

For count, 3-4 Tennessee has already played three games with higher viewership than the highest viewed Pac 12 conference game this year.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Another historic achievement for Butch.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10pm est games suck.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

People who haven't lived west of Kansas don't know shit about what the people west of Kansas do. You can argue with him all you want, show all the numbers and facts you want, and it won't matter. As far as the southeast is concerned, the western US is entirely occupied by Hollywood stars, Bigfoot, and computer nerds.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you under some misguided impression that Tenny D hasn't lived out there?

Interesting generalization.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Even if it is a mistaken guess, the generalization remains true. I'm not sure how one can live out in the West and think no one cares about football.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

because my impression was that they didn't give a crap about college football. The people around me care about football, but know nothing about the game and even less about college ball in general.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would argue many Vols fans don't know much about the game.

They do care about college football. There are less sidewalk alum types, but there are plenty who follow and care.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fixed.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

well, I only lived in nocal for a little while, but it was abundantly clear to me that the people there didn't give a crap about college football. California might be different than much of the PAC 12, but that's generally what I view as the west coast and what I thought you were talking about.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and people west of KS don't have some utterly idiotic generalization about the South being occupied by fanatical football types, rednecks, inbreds and uneducated government teat types?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They see all of the South as being Alabama.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here, there is a Wyoming Football call-in show. Wyoming! CSU and Boise State have vibrant fan bases. The Arizona schools as well. I can't speak for California directly, but the intermountain towns like some college football.

I was at a bar during the Ole Miss-Bama game. I asked if they'd put it on, but folks insisted that the Utah game stayed.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

absolutely. Most I met there, and in the Northeast, have that view of everything south of KY. Many even lump in FL