Sounds Like Barnes Hiring is Imminent

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The majority of the UT fanbase fellatiously fawn over every UT admin decision.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

There ya go.

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I wasn't even aware of this incident until a few years ago. And my lack of knowledge concerning basketball play calling leaves me highly unqualified to opine about his coaching acumen. All I saw were wins and an excited fan base which drew me in for the first time since I was a student...on campus...during the Buzz Ball years...yeah.

Fellacio? I'd say either would work.

God, this is so true.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Fallatiously, or
    Fellaciously

I can get on board with either combo. Making up new words is t i t s.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Movie Quote 'Step Brothers'..."Let's play a game..."

This evolution of a thread is great and a true testament to the respect that HAT has here. Read every post #1-#56. Everyone is just DONE!!! I mean burn it down DONE!!!. Then the HAT weighs in. The Ragers begin to accept. Watch after post #57 how the 8th begins to acquiesce.

Much respect to the HAT! And I don't mean Les Miles.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The switch to Nike is going to help basketball recruiting

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Eh. He's definetly the basketball guru of this site or any other site I've ever been on but I think what you're referring too is a rather natural process of accepting the event as it starts to unfold to it being practically done.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I've wondered about this, I know AAU affiliates with whatever brand push kids to schools.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just once I want someone to grow a pair and swing for the fences on a coaching hire.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a piece of shit human being. He was a good basketball coach that was lucky his first year he had Lofton, JaJaun and CJ.

His recruiting was littered with busts. He was too stupid to tell the truth and save his job. He brought a wife and a girlfriend from Wisconsin with him. He ruined a guy's career for a taped phone call that the NCAA didn't even use. He was responsible for Ramar Smith being in Knoxville

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. I'm tired of this shit.

12. OrangeBlood79

I think this is the root of most of the disdain for these coaching searches in the first place.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

All anyone needs to know about Bruce Pearl is that he surreptitiously recorded a conversation with a 17 year old kid, then doctored it when the kid wouldn't say what he wanted. That defines his character.

14. nomojo

nomojo Member

Barnes goes to the tournament, and he runs a clean program, which is more than can be said for the last two coaches. Seems like the kind of hire the school needed.

Correction: two out of last three coaches.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just accept that he knows significantly more about basketball than me.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

undoubtedly they think they have

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Martin went to the Sweet 16!

I'm being sarcastic

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I get hating him for who he is. But there are people who knew exactly the man he was while he was at UT and loved him despite it, but claim to hate him now for the things they always knew, which is stupid.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll give you coaches who do that that AREN'T retirement age:

Brad Underwood
    Gregg Marshall
    Mick Cronin
    Chris Mack
    Shaka Smart
    Archie Miller
    Ben Jacobson

I'm sure there are more.

20. OrangeBlood79

Pearl recruited some thugs, that's for sure.

Didn't Ramar threaten to kill one of his teammates??