South Park Season 19 Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It did not go downhill as it went on. The sci fi shit was great.

2. kidbourbon

The strongest episode of the season was followed by one of the weaker ones, imho. Yes, this episode was the second act of a three act play, and was setting the audience up for the finale, but that doesn't mean it should be weaker. When they did the Black Friday trilogy, every episode was strong.

That being said, the part about the hunger strike from eating ***** was fantastic. And I do appreciate that they've dug into the ridiculous Missouri situation twice now.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"You're thinking with your ****."

How was that weak?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I enjoyed it.

5. kidbourbon

Yeah that part was awesome too. But a couple funny lines does not a great episode make. I just thought it was a letdown following the best episode of the season. When the first episode of a three-parter is as strong as last week's episode was, you kinda figure the whole thing is going to be amazing.

6. kidbourbon

I enjoy pretty much every South Park episode, but we have to judge episodes relative to one another.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm watching the south Park movie right now. It's ****ing great.

8. kidbourbon

My ranking of the episodes so far:

1. Sponsored content
    2. City part of town
    3. You're not yelping
    4. Tweek x Craig
    5. Where my country gone
    6. Stunning and brave
    7. Truth and advertising
    8. Naughty ninjas
    9. Safe space.

9. kidbourbon

As classic as it is, I still take Team America over it every single day of the week. Team America is imho an absolute masterpiece.

10. kidbourbon

Unfortunately, I still haven't seen The Book of Mormon. I've heard it's absolutely amazing.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love team America, but I take the sp movie all day, err day.

12. kidbourbon

I've spoken with others -- whose opinions I respect -- who share your thoughts on the SPtM v. Team America question. And I've also spoken with several people who share my view that Team America isn't just better than SPtM, but is one of the best movies ever made.

So I think this is a question where reasonable minds can differ.

13. fl0at_

Yup.

14. fl0at_

Tickets for it in March. I've never been to a "show" before. But I'm making an exception for BoM.

15. kidbourbon

I have and I don't like them at all. But I have no doubt that I'll love TBoM.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a hard time choosing. I think whichever one I watched last is the one I would choose. Both are great.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought the Craig-Tweak episode was the weakest.

18. kidbourbon

That's certainly not an unreasonable opinion. I could probably talk myself into moving it down to 6. But the "take a gander at tweek's *******" line just caused uproarious laughter, and I really liked that Peter Gabriel song they used - I had never heard it before.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tonight was a pretty Classi finish, in my opinion.

20. kidbourbon

Until the very end. They didn't know how to finish it. Or maybe they're being realistic. But I focking hate PC Principal.

Classi, on the other hand....