Star Wars (Now with SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Sep 21, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm really hoping the crew starts to explore origins of the Force on Peridea.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn’t catch immediately that the statues Baylan was standing on were the Mortis gods

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

I really sort of feel for the people who didn’t watch Clone Wars & Rebels. Seeing a lot of “I shouldn’t have to watch those to understand this” but idk what to tell them considering that’s where these characters came from

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't feel for them too much. Watch the damn shows, they are worth it.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean, I agree 100%

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Attached Files:

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

Being an assman myself, I have appreciated Hera this season.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I read and post in a group on Facebook with the rebel force radio podcast, good to listen to if you’re interested, but I swear a lot of people have gotten lazy. People are ready to scream PLOT HOLE or BAD WRITING if a movie or show does practically anything short of putting a caption on screen that says THEY ARE DOING THIS AT THIS TIME FOR THIS REASON

Also feel like some people have forgotten just how to be entertained. TV shows have upped the game over the last 20 years, but everything can’t and shouldn’t be The Sopranos

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

They forget it is a story about space wizards in a far distant galaxy.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is also true beyond works of fiction. People's brains are broken where they can't seem to process information well anymore. Or maybe people are more empowered to speak up when in the past they'd just keep it to themselves?

11. CardinalVol

About the only gripe I’ll go with is that Morgan Ellsberg wasn’t developed enough as a character. Granted, she may return given her newfound powers, but all in all I felt like there was always a lot more potential with her than what they showed. She got the Phasma treatment if you will.

That and where’d Ezra find a kyber crystal.

12. CardinalVol

I dunno if it’s empowered or the internet anonymity to say it.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Also a bunch of people were pissed because “Thrawn was fat.” I’m like WTF, i never even noticed or cared

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And he isn't human so who is to say

15. NorrisAlan

Huyang probably has a drawer full of them. But where did Luke get his kyber?

16. NorrisAlan

Also, YouTube is full of hate watchers that get really promoted by the algorithm. The CriticalDrinker, Nerdrotic, etc. If it isn't as good as a two hour move that Kubrik took 6 years to shoot and edit, then it is shit.

17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I binged clone wars for this and am halfway glad I did. It was a grind and helped me enjoy the anakin/ahsoka parts, but 75% of the time watching it I wanted to bash my head in. Good ending, interesting moral dilemmas with the Jedi during a war, but also clearly written for children and some of the story lines were just pointless and dragged out.

Couldn’t get myself to watch rebels after so I just did a 10 min YouTube recap and probably should have just done that for clone wars too.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Every episode/arc of TCW isn’t great but it gets more mature as it goes. Some of it is peak Star Wars as far as I’m concerned. it really changes the game as far as the gravity what goes down between the Jedi & clones.

Same with Rebels although you can tell it was a little bit less convoluted in its structure

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

I think Rebels starts strong and ends incredibly strong. Yes, there are episodes that are just goofy fun, but for the most part, it is great. My favorite Star Wars hands down (tv wise)

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I would’ve liked to see Rex beat the chip on his own without getting it removed. That’s not a complaint, I just think it would’ve been cool