Summer Practice is here!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 2, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've almost made it....................

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Telander looks like he put on some muscle. I don't know if you'd consider him an "under the radar" player but I'm looking forward to see what he can do. (Among many others)

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

man I liked him when I saw him move up in competition from Jr to sr year and continued to be the best or one of the best players on the field

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure I love that they moved Emmanuel Okoye to TE. His build is about perfect to be a chaotic pass rusher once he bulks up.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They seem to see something.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I thought I read he couldn’t catch.

8. Ssmiff

he can’t. Yet

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah I trust they know what they are doing but I just think he could be a menace on the line. He has the build that could be like a Julius Peppers with time.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Poppa T likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

Was just re-watching the KY game from last year and Heupel completely trolling Stoops by going out on the field after Stoops was complaining about it absolutely had me rolling on the floor. Heupel is 1995 level of Spurrier, I am convinced of it.

justingroves likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just appreciate that we have seen just about every opposing coach have a conniption on the sideline over the last couple of years and it’s been a long time coming

13. Ssmiff

Heup is ice cold. He may be mildly autistic, like Kiffin. Borderline genius mind.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Heupel just has more of an "ah shucks" way about him that is disarming. Spurrier was a full on heal. I wish he had been our heal. Kiffin is somewhere in between now that he's mellowed/matured. 2009 is still my favorite year after 2022 post Johnny and Phil years.

15. Ssmiff

Heup has a bank. And in the midst of normal conversation, he will will dip into that bank with a one liner or statement which is probably missed by many. There’s no drama with him and he’s not brash but is as much of a competitor as anybody and likely remembers every slight for down the road, either with words or an ass beating like Drinklips ran into with exclamation points late.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hope he's got an ass beating ready for SC.

VolDad, TDVol1989, Memtownvol and 3 others like this.
  17. Ssmiff

he will. That whole week was weird. SC had looked awful on offense. Everybody knew what they were running and it wasn’t complicated. Whoever was on the reigns, let them go and literally ditched their playbook, running a bunch of plays against us they hadn’t run before. Add in Banks saga (eerie similar to Hurd saga when we went to SC and played horrible) missing starting mlb, missing multiple dbs, night game, their Super Bowl, coach banks in shock and he and Martinez playing what looked like prevent all night.
    Then Hooker got hurt. Just a doomed night and started with the first time team chemistry was tested.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

In Neyland, we're gonna roll them.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds like the CB play isn’t looking great. I’m not ever that optimistic about needing true freshmen to come in and play the other guys off the field

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Iron sharpens iron. Going up against our Wrs and qbs will make them better, though we do have a couple who need to step up or move aside.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.