Summer Practice is here!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 2, 2023.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I’m 100% mentally prepared to watch the DBs get worked over again. Gonna be ugly again at times.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

DB is a tough place to be in football in 2023, anyways

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why Willie Martinez is still safely in that group of journeyman SEC coaches that have an SEC job no matter what. I’m assuming very likable, good culture person or something less tangible.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Basically what you said. He gets along in basically all coaching circles which goes a long way to stay employed in the position coaching world.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I laffed to myself, thinking back on my uga fan son-in-law [itch bay]ing about ol' Willie back when they hired him. I wasn't sure if it was because Willie had been at UT previously but then remembered it was after he had been there for a season or so.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He isn't good at really anything

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Martinez is only coach not extended last year. He's in final year of contract. Read between the lines.

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Didn’t know that.

Poppa T likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

T-minus 3 weeks and counting.

Poppa T likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Everyone is ready for the season to start but Tennessee fans have everything turned up to eleven. I almost feel bad for awaits visiting foes.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

Almost.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I don't. Not even 'almost'.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We've accumulated 12 years of payback (2008-2020).

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I still want payback on Oregon for the dooley years. What can I say, I can be a petty SOB sometimes.

VolDad and justingroves like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's like 06 Cal again

16. NorrisAlan

Re-watching the Akron game. Those jokers tried to make up talent with bush league play.

That low cut tackle on Hooker after he pitched the ball was the worst transgression in a game full of them.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

All those kids are just pissed off they are spending their college years in Akron Ohio.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I enjoy how every opposing coach's stance on Milton is either "he's overrated" or "he scares me to death" with no opinions in between.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I see both points of view. Outside of mop up duty and the Orange Bowl, he's been bad here. He had a game or two at Michigan, but he wasn't very good there either. When he's been on, he's great, it's just rare

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He may have some off moments. I'm hopeful that two full years in the system and time spent developing some touch and midrange accuracy will pay benefits. I can weather a disappointing season, but I want them to at least play well enough that recruiting doesn't take a tumble. If he comes out with some touch, presence, accuracy and command of the offense, there really are no limits to what this team might achieve, and recruiting will largely take care of itself.

10SEvols and justingroves like this.